Is it to safe take Hydrocodone if you are pregnant
Hydrocodone carries with it some risk of malformations in infants. Thanks for using ChaCha and text again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-to-safe-take-hydrocodone-if-you-are-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Is it to safe take Hydrocodone if you are pregnant"
- Is it to safe take Hydrocodone if you are pregnant
- Hydrocodone carries with it some risk of malformations in infants. Thanks for using ChaCha and text again soon!
- Is hydrocodone safe to take when you are pregnant??
- Yes it is. When i was 6 months pregnant they had to remove my gallbladder and then i got into a car accident. and that is what the obgyn prescribed me. Thanks, my daughter is 6 weeks pregnant, and is on hydrocodone 10's. I was worried about...
- Is it safe to take Hydrocodone (vicodin) during pregnancy??
- Yes it is safe if taken as prescribed. I was in a car accident during the 6th month of my third pregnancy, and broke my ankle. I was worried to take the Vicodin too. Both the Bone Dr and my Ob assured me it was safe. I was in so much pain I...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it safe to take Hydrocodone (vicodin) during pregnancy?
- Q: I am 21 weeks pregnant. I have been having migraines as well as severe back pain. My OB prescribed Hydrocodone. I have been taking a 1/2 a pill a day for the last 2 weeks. YES IT'S PRESCRIBED!!!! My OB assured me that it was ok as long as i used as prescribed. Which was 1 every 4-6 hours. Again, i only take 1/2 a pill. I was wondering if anyone else has done this during pregnancy.. I trust my OB, but I know different Dr.s have different opinions. Please only people with experience answer, Thank you.Yes my Dr. said it was ok as well.
- A: Yes it is safe if taken as prescribed. I was in a car accident during the 6th month of my third pregnancy, and broke my ankle. I was worried to take the Vicodin too. Both the Bone Dr and my Ob assured me it was safe. I was in so much pain I had to take it. I took 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours for about 3 weeks. My son turned out perfectly fine. Just take it like the Dr says and only when you absolutely need it. Your Dr wouldn't give you something that would harm your baby.
- 27 weeks pregnant and my doctor gave me Vicodin?
- Q: I had chest pain and i had to go to the ER the doctor there prescirbed me this medicine called Hydrocodone Acetaminophen (Vicodin) 500mg. he said it was safe to take while im pregnant...i guess I have pleurisy and this medicine is for the pain... did your doctor ever prescribe you this kinda medicine? would you take it if you were me...Yes Samantha, I know, I hate taking medicine too, but I can't even breathe without my chest/back hurting...
- A: Yes, I would take it. I have had pleurisy before, ouch. I also had to take Vicodin while 20+ weeks pregnant with my son do to an injury I sustained after I fell down some stairs. It is fine to take as long as it is Dr. prescribed, and for a limited amount of time- meaning use it only as long as you absolutely need it. I only needed to take pain meds for my pleurisy for a few days. I hope you feel better soon.
- Q: Ok, so I just got home from the ER I had some unusual discharge and lots of pressure. They hooked me up to the moniter and said I was having mild contractions, but nothing they were concerned with. Needless to say I am already mad at this point because I am 20weeks I am not supposed to be contracting. They didn't want to check my cervix because my placenta is low. So, then the nurse ask me if I want to take loritab for my pain?? I told her no. I would just wait it out. Keep in mind they didn't give me anything to stop them. I was wondering if it is safe for them to offer you loritab being pregnant?Thanks for reassuring me that I did the right thing. I didn't think it was right for them to offer it, nor for me to take it. Although, I am in pain but what tylenol doesn't help I guess I will deal with.
- A: I'm studing to be an emt and i'm also a mother of an 8 1/2 yr old. hydrocodone/tortab is a narcotic, I wouldnt trust it while pregnant . unless it was specificly YOUR dr./obgyn telling you this and you trust that person. also take into account what dosage they were going to prescribe. and that narcotics can be habit forming. here is some info i found for you. hope it helps.Special warnings about LortabVicodin may make you drowsy, less alert, or unable to function well physically. Do not drive a car, operate machinery, or perform any other potentially dangerous activities until you know how Lortab affects you.Use caution in taking Vicodin if you have a head injury. Narcotics tend to increase the pressure of the fluid within the skull, and this effect may be exaggerated by head injuries. Side effects of narcotics can interfere in the treatment of people with head injuries.Use Vicodin with caution if you have a severe liver or kidney disorder, an underactive thyroid gland, Addison's disease (a disease of the adrenal glands), an enlarged prostate, or urethral stricture (narrowing of the tube carrying urine from the bladder).Older adults and those in a weakened condition should be careful using Lortab, since it contains a narcotic.Narcotics such as Vicodin may interfere with the diagnosis and treatment of people with abdominal conditions.Hydrocodone suppresses the cough reflex; therefore, be careful using Vicodin after an operation or if you have a lung disease.High doses of hydrocodone may produce slowed breathing; if you are sensitive to Lortab, you are more likely to experience this effect.Possible food and drug interactions when taking LortabHydrocodone slows the nervous system. Alcohol can intensify this effect.If hydrocodone is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of either may be increased, decreased, or altered. It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining Vicodin with the following:Antianxiety drugs such as Valium and LibriumAntidepressant medications classified as "tricyclics," such as Elavil and TofranilAntihistamines such as TavistDrugs classified as MAO inhibitors, including the antidepressants Nardil and ParnateMajor tranquilizers such as Thorazine and HaldolOther narcotic analgesics such as DemerolOther central nervous system depressants such as Halcion and RestorilSpecial information if you are pregnant or breastfeedingThe effects of Vicodin in pregnancy have not been adequately studied. Do not take Lortab if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant unless you are directed to do so by your doctor. Drug dependence occurs in newborns when the mother has taken Lortab regularly prior to delivery. If you take it shortly before delivery, the baby's breathing may be slowed. Acetaminophen does, and hydrocodone may, appear in breast milk and could affect a nursing infant. If Lortab is essential to your health, your doctor may advise you to discontinue breastfeeding your baby until your treatment is finished.Recommended dosageADULTSYour doctor will adjust the dosage according to the severity of the pain and the way the medication affects you.The dosages given below are for Vicodin products only. If your doctor prescribes other brands, your daily dose may vary.All forms of Vicodin are taken every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain. The usual dose of Vicodin is 1 or 2 tablets, up to a maximum of 8 tablets per day. The usual dose of Vicodin HP is 1 tablet, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day. For Vicodin ES, the usual dose is 1 tablet, up to a maximum of 5 tablets per day.CHILDRENThe safety and effectiveness of Vicodin have not been established in children.
Prev Question: Can you get sick in the middle of the day if you are pregnant
People also view