Is it possible to get a false positive reading on a pregnancy test
Although rare, it's possible to get a positive result from a home pregnancy test when you're not actually pregnant. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-possible-to-get-a-false-positive-reading-on-a-pregnancy-test ]
More Answers to "Is it possible to get a false positive reading on a pregnancy test"
- Can melatonin give you a false positive pregnancy test reading??
- No, melatonin would not give a false positive result on a pregnancy test, however melatonin does increase the amount of the hormone which pregnancy testing kits look for if you are pregnant so you may get a true positive earlier than normal...
- Can lexapro give you a false positive pregnancy test reading??
- No. Only medication containing HCG will give you a false positive pregnancy test. See your doctor for confirmation.
- Can a positive pregnancy test ever be a false reading??
- a false positive is rare. are you using different brands? different brands measure different levels of HCG the pregnancy hormone. so it could be that some brands measure a lower level the others need a higher level and you are early so y...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it possible to have 2 false positive pregnancy tests?
- Q: After trying for some time to get pregnant, I thought I finally was. I took a pregnancy test on day 28 of my cycle it was positive (a digital "pregnant" reading). Three days later, I took another test with the same outcome "pregnant". I had a few symptoms of pregnancy such as frequent urination, fatigue, etc. On day 34 of my cycle, I started spotting and cramping. On day 35, I had bleeding, cramping, and a "clumpy" discharge. I went to have a blood test and my doctor came back and told me I was never pregnant. I found out that my Hcg level was 2. So, my question is whether a person can have two false positive home tests (that are taken 3 days apart)? As well, isnt a small level of Hcg an indicator that I could have been pregnant at one during this cycle? I can accept that the pregnancy didn't take (although I am very disappointed and sad). I can't fathom the idea that I was never pregnant, even for a short while.Please help. :/
- A: i think you might have been very briefly pregnant but it didn't take. you only produce Hcg hormones when you are pregnant not otherwise. perhaps the egg wasn't able to implant and that is why?better luck next time!
- Is it possible to get a false positive on a pregnancy test?
- Q: Im about 4 days before i expect to have my period, Im just a little worried because there is a really good chance i would have gotten pregnant by my b/f, so I just went to the drug store and bought a first response test and got a positive. It showed up right away with 2 lines. I just keep looking at it thinking i may have missed something....like im reading it wrong or something. Its not possible to get a falst positive is it??
- A: It is...but it's very improbable and usually only happens if you're taking other hormone sources. The pregnancy hormone is pretty unique.Check out peeonastick.com for more info.
- False positive on pregnancy test?
- Q: okay, my period is one day late. I took two pregnancy tests tonight, both negative. Since they were negative, I decided to have a few drinks. Out of curiosity, I decided to dig the tests out of the trash. One still said negative, the other said positive. The instructions say not to read after 10 minutes, it has been a few hrs since I tested. Do I disregard the 3 hr later positive result?? At this point, I sort of hope I am not pregant, since I did drink tonight... but then again, could it just be a false positive test? They both were just a cheapy Dollar General $4 test. Please let me know what you think I should do. My husband and I have been together for 4 yrs, not trying to get pregnant, but not doing anything to prevent it. IF i am pregnant, would drinking tonight do anything bad to our (possible) baby ?? I know it wasnt smart to drink if I even thought there was a one percent chance we were preggers. But with two tests saying negative I thought I was safe until I dug the tests out of the trash.
- A: Well, as a rule, you NEVER dig a test out of the trash to double check it, especially after that much time! For now I'd think you can call it negative, but to be on the safe side you can always get a couple more tests and retest in a few days. Also having a few drinks at this stage one time is not likely to do any harm to the potential baby. Relax!Next time if you get a negative test, don't fish it out of the trash!Good luck!
Prev Question: Is it possible you can still have your period when your pregnant
People also view