Home > Health > Pregnant Health >

If you have to negative pregnancy tests, could you still have a positive blood test

Health related question in topics Womens Health .We found some answers as below for this question "If you have to negative pregnancy tests, could you still have a positive blood test",you can compare them.

Yes, you could be pregnant. You should get a blood test to be accurate.Most over the counter pregnancy test are only 99% accurate. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/if-you-have-to-negative-pregnancy-tests%2C-could-you-still-have-a-positive-blood-test ]
More Answers to "If you have to negative pregnancy tests, could you still have a positive blood test"
Can a pregnancy blood test still show positive even though home t...?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071031160133AA13mKS
I got a false negative with my first baby. If you are late and wondering, then go to a clinic where they give free tests. You can try birthright, crisis pregnancy (even if it's not a crisis) or planned parenthood. I hated the wondering and ...
Could a urine pregnancy test come out negative while a blood preg...?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081225133839AACoGhS
Yes. I've heard of women who have taken a home pregnancy test & urine tests that said negative, but then took a blood test that came up positive. Your body starts producing this hormone that shows on a pregnancy test if your pregnant or...
Could I still be pregnant despite having had 2 positive home preg...?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Could_I_still_be_pregnant_despite_having_had_2_positive_home_pregnancy_tests_but_negative_quantitative_blood_test
Hello. Do you mean QUANTITATIVE or QUALIATIVE? If it was a qualifiative then you can definitely still be pregnant. If it was a quantitative then chances are you aren't pregnant hun and the HPTs were faulty or you had a early miscarriage....

Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers

HPT positive but blood test negative pregnancy symptoms for the last 8 weeks?? (actual question inside)?
Q: i've been on bcp (21 days) for 6 years but last few months not been good with timing & been ill but i've been having pregnancy symptoms for 8 weeks now increased cm (white stringy sorry tmi!), and also suddenly started to have a few spots of pink after sex with bf, sore veiny boobs, crampy, bloated (trousers tighter), heartburn, low back ache & feeling sick but not being sick, in the last few days my hips have started to ache and have become very veiny... i was due to have period on the 16th Dec (had cramps like was going to start for two days) but on the 13th Dec v. light spotting started which was only visable when wiped this lasted 2-3 days & also went from brown to very watery pink... my normal flow is very heavy with lots of clotting and still hadnt shown so knew that pregnancy was still possible i have been testing everyday since but keep getting negatives i got 2nd faint + (within time limit) on 31st so went to the doctors & he then took me off bcp to see if 'normal' period would resume i haven't taken it since 30th & started to spot on 31st but not heavy (same as last) but it isn't a period as no clotting this lasted until Saturday 5th jan so 6 days in all but barely (my doc said that i may have this even if i am pregnant as withdrawrel from taking the pill) i went to the doc for a quantative test on thursday and i got the results friday which were negative (hcg level 2) my doc has booked me in for a early ultrasound as still having all symptoms of pregnancy and faint positive home test but i would really like to know if anyone else has had this and still been pregnant as i feel different but even though i can't make up some of my symptoms in my brain and in a things like a molar pregnancy you experience high levels of hcg and other symptoms that i dont have and a phantom pregnancy would not produce excess cm and other symptoms! i'm really not sure of anything now negative blood test!!WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE THOUGH??Please reply if i am i would be 8 weeks yesterday with 1st so very scared!! (not ttc or crazy and bf read the positive home tests results too and doc!!)Thanks xI've actually had three positive HPT now and one negative blood test?? my hcg level was 2??my abdominal exam my gp is happy it isn't ectopic and the pregnancy where the egg doesn't sterilize produces high amounts of hcg (as told by my doc)
A: You are pregnant, the chances of getting a false positive are practically 0. Sometimes the urine tests are actually more accurate than the doctor's tests. However the fact that you were taking birth control pills for as long as you were could have caused a miscarriage. Your body maybe adjusting to the pregnancy or preparing for a miscarriage. Take another home test, if you get a positive, get an ultrasound done ASAP. You need to make sure you are having a normal pregnancy and not a molar or ectopic. Good luck, and take it easy. Stress is not good for you right now. Whatever happens happens it is not your fault either way. You're going to be ok.
Positive pregnancy test, negative blood test and now negative pregnancy again?
Q: What is up with that?...I honestly don't know what to think anymore, I have other post's if you are willing to look at them....Recap ppl.. I have a 26 day cycle and I started bleeding lightly with pink and red with light cramps on sunday the 5th of July, I was suppose to start my period the 8th of July Wednesday. I took clear blue pregnancy test Wednesday morning with first morning urine and it was positive right away then the next day go to the E.R. for a blood test negative so this morning take a dollar test and that too said negative, WTF is up with this sh!t? honestly I'm so confused. I still have cramps and light bleeding the nurse said it was my period..WTF?...No it ain't I know my body when I get my period believe me everyone knows and I cramp like a son of a B!tch and this ain't it or she said it could of been I didn't ovulate at all this month...well she's wrong cos I chart that's how I know I ovulated dumb@$$...Man was I ever pissed at her and she was rude with me, my Gawd a little passion here tw@t..So I guess its not pregnant right?Im going to let nature take its course and see what happens.Thanks, Jenny xoxox
A: Many people have reported getting false positives with the Clearblue Easy tests in consumer report tests. It does not indicate if the tests are faulty or if the consumers used the tests properly. But bc there are so many people reporting this, I would say it might be the tests. There can be other reasons for positive tests and then negative ones. Chemical pregnancy or very early miscarriage is the most common. But since you got a positive test using urine and then the very next day a negative blood test, I would guess that you were not pregnant and had a faulty test. Urine tests can't detect HCG until it reaches 25-50. Blood tests can detect any amount of HCG in your blood. Making them more accurate. I am afraid I agree with the nurse. I think you are only getting your period.
3 Negative Blood tests, 3 negative urine tests,ultasound shows sac +- 5 weeks,could it be an early pregnancy?
Q: We had unprotectec sex on 18 October (turns out it was my ovulation day). I suspected that I may have conceived,and took a home pregnancy test.It was negative. On 13 October I had slight bleeding,thought it was my period coming,but it only lasted for 1 day,after that I has slight spotting for another day or two.I did a blood test,also negative.I went to see my docter,did an ultrasound and she told me my uterus lining was thickend(13mm) and there was some fluids that concerned her.She suspected an ectopic pregnancy.Did 2 more blood tests 4 days apart,both negative.I went back for another ultrasound and it showd a cist on my left ovary,but also shows a sac,and if measured, +- 5 weeks. My next period is supposed to start on the 28 November. She told me to wait and if it doesnt come i have to go back for another ultrasound.She also said it could be an early pregnancy. There is a 30% chance of being pregnant, and 70% that is is like a false pregnancy.Has this happened to anyone? I have one girl, 15 months,and with her my bloodwork was positive when I was 3 weeks pregnant! I feel pregnant,but dont want to get my hopes up for nothing! Has anyone had negative pregnancy tests but was still pregnant?Why would there be a sac that is obviously growing (5 weeks already) if you are not pregnant?
A: Yep that's exactly what happened to me. I'm now 18 weeks. 6 neg HPT and 1 neg blood test but the sonogram showed the gestational sac. I waited a week took another HPT and it was positive went back to the doctor and here I am 18 weeks later. I asked the same question why would there be a sac if I wasn't pregnant and what they told me was I was pregnant and then the baby just stopped forming the the sperm and my egg did "mesh" right but my body still thought I was prego. They told me they were 100% sure it was a false pregnancy. Guess they were wrong. Good luck and baby dust.
TOP


Prev Question: Can a teenager get pregnant on Sims 2
Next Question:

People also view
  • If you have to negative pregnancy tests, could you still have a positive blood test
  • Can a teenager get pregnant on Sims 2
  • How often is a teenage girl left when pregnant
  • How can you know if you are pregnant
  • Where do you feel cramps when you are pregnant
  • How old will I be when I get pregnant the first time
  • Is it safe for a pregnant woman to have her hair died
  • Could I be pregnant even if the pregnancy test came back negative
  • Is Keri Hilson pregnant
  • Can you tell if you're pregnant by the color of your discharge