If you have an IUD can a pregnancy test be negative
Many times you can have pregnancy symptoms when you are not actually pregnant due to IUD. Please consult a physician. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/if-you-have-an-iud-can-a-pregnancy-test-be-negative ]
More Answers to "If you have an IUD can a pregnancy test be negative"
- What does no period negative pregnancy test and IUD mean??
- There are several things that can contribute to a negative pregnancy test even if you are pregnant. Some medications can give you a false negative, the timing of the test can affect the results. If you did not follow directions properly; if...
- Can you get a false negative pregnancy test result with an IUD??
- IUDs do not effect home pregnancy tests.
- Can a urine pregnancy test measure negative with an IUD even thou...?
- Periord 2 weeks early and light. UA test taken before this period and after. It has been 3 weeks and 2 days since this period, and I am experiencing fatigue and can actually see a flutter in my abdomen. I have a IUD in place, and I am gravi...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- can an iud give a false negative pregnancy test?
- Q: just seeing if you can get a false negative. i feel like im pregnant but have never been before so im not sure about the symptoms. i have had lower abdominal pain, back aches, tiredness, head aches, i have taken two pregnancy test but both came back negative. i just have a gut feeling though that there wrong what should i do?
- A: All the symptoms you mention sound more like stress than pregnancy. You've had two tests, both came back negative, if you still don't believe it, go to the doctor and get them to give you another test.
- pregnancy with IUD Negative postitive?
- Q: ok, so i didnt ask my question correctly the first time, and got a really nasty response... Can the mirena IUD make a pregnancy test negative. Yes Im asking this question, No I am not dumb, I'd just like to have someone who is knowledgable with that. Yes I know bc is not all 100 percentYes I know pregnancy tests are not 100 percent...What i am asking is , does the hormones from the IUD make a pregnancy test negative, even if you are pregnant due to the fact it is inside the cervix
- A: No, it can not affect the outcome of a pregnancy test.Pregnancy tests check for human chorionic gonadotropin or HCG in your urine. This hormone is produced by only a placenta ( and in rare cases some tumors). It is a totally different hormone than the Mirena, which uses leveongesterol ( a progesterone).
- Can you get a false pregnancy test with an IUD in?
- Q: Ok, I'll start by saying that I have had many unusual pregnancy symptoms: some nausea, I can't handle to heat well, certain meat taste weird, my nails are growing very fast, Lots of feeling lightheaded and have some cramping and tightness in my lower abdomen(I get really crampy after bending and doing things around the house). I have a 17 month old daughter and had some of these same symptoms with her. After she was born I had the Mirena IUD put in and have had no periods since then. I haven't had any symptoms or problem until about 2 months ago or so. When I started having the symptoms I just blew them off because I didn't think it was possible to be pregnant. Last week I took a home pregnancy test and it came up invalid. Then I took another one 3 days ago and it came back negative. I called my local free clinic to request to have a blood test done to make sure. and they said there was no point in doing that since the test was negative. Is is possible to have had a false negative, or could the hormones in the IUD be causing it to be false. Has this happened to anyone before? I keep telling myself that I'm not pregnant but the symptoms have been very consistent the past few weeks. Is it unusual to want to make sure that I'm am/or not since getting pregnant while the IUD is in place is very dangerous. If I am not pregnant what else could be causing my symptoms? I have asked this question on here before but keep getting short quick un-thought out answers from people who really dont know what they are talking about and really do need some help understanding whats going on.I have had a spoke to a few people who said there Dr. said it was very likely to get a false neg. with the IUD
- A: I would go to the doc and insist on a blood test just to make shure but as far as ur iud or any iud giving a false negative that's not true the mirena iud has ONLY progesterone. And hpt detect HcG so ur probably not pregnant I assure the mirena will have no effect on any pregnancy test but GoodLuck I hope it works out for u
Prev Question: What day and time does the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" come on the discovery health channel
People also view