How much caffeine can a pregnant woman have in a day
Experts have stated that moderate levels of caffeine have not been found to have a negative effect on pregnancy. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-caffeine-can-a-pregnant-woman-have-in-a-day ]
More Answers to "How much caffeine can a pregnant woman have in a day"
- How much caffeine can a pregnant woman have a day?
- My doctor told me i couldnt have more then 1 can of pop but i drank atleast 5 cans of pop and 2 coffees a day...
- How much coffee/ caffeine can a pregnant woman have a day??
- Consuming lots of caffeine can also speed bone loss, and it might reduce birth weight and raise the risk of miscarriage. Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant should drink no more than two cups of coffee or four cups of black tea a ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is coke really bad to drink while you're pregnant? And how much caffeine per day is safe to consume while preg
- Q: I know it has caffeine in it but I drink it maybe once a week, I am drinking right now a 20 0z bottle of cherry coke. Somebody told me caffeine can cause miscarriage is this true? and how much (milligrams or percent) of caffeine is safe to consume per day for pregnant women? Doctors have told me 1 cup of coffee is okay, but no more than that. But this is variant information bc some coffee is more potent than others and some cups are larger or smaller, and what about a 20 oz bottle of coke?
- A: I know this is going to get alot of thumbs down but coke is all I ever drink and when I was pregnant with my kids (1984, 1986, and 1987) I drank coke everyday, all day long. Now I would sqeeze a couple glasses of milk in everyday but the rest were coke. My kids were born healthy. So I say drink away as long as you get some milk in there too. Congrats.
- How much caffeine is acceptable?
- Q: Ok I know that the best answer is DON'T DRINK IT AT ALL but you see I am English and a hot sweet cup of tea is the only thing that makes me human in the morning (ask my husband). I also work around some other pregnant women and they eat Mc Donald’s for lunch and chug down soda's all day long, I do not join in with this and avoid soda wherever possible and I have increased my water intake and nibble on a banana when I need an energy boost but on days that I am working on my feet for hours at a time a starbucks late can be very tempting indeed. I am only 8 weeks pregnant at this stage so my question is how much caffeine is ok?
- A: Caffeine is not that bad. With my first baby I drank tons of water but I CRAVED fountain Pepsi's not the kind in the bottle the kind you get at the store w/ice. I drank a huge one of these everyday and my child was fine. I told the Doc it was the only thing that seemed to quench my thirst. She said fine but as long as you drink twice as much water as you drink of the caffiene drink. With #2 I kept drinking my coffee as usual and watch what I ate. The thing is ppl tell you DON"T DO IT...but let us examine their lives Ok so they don't drink soda but they eat crap, fried foods...so what do you think would be worse? I say have your caffiene just keep with your water and you and baby are fine. My comment always was "if drinking caffiene is the worst thing I do during my pregnancy than I am not doing that bad am I?"
- Trying to get pregnant questions?
- Q: My husband and I decided that we were going to start trying to have a baby at the end of this year. Yesterday was suppose to be my first day of my new pack of pills so we decided to stop taking the pill all together in our efforts to start a family. I have been on birth control (the pill) for about 10 years and have never been off of it. I heard from a friend that her doctor said that it takes the average female a year to get pregnant after stopping the pill after being on it for some time. IS THIS TRUE? That makes no sense to me since a woman can get pregnant after missing say one single pill.ALSO I was wondering is it bad to drink caffeine when you are trying to get pregnant? AND how much caffeine should you drink when you are pregnant? I drink a lot of caffeine right now, probably 3 cans of diet coke a day. Should I change my diet coke intake? I have read that TOO MUCH caffeine is bad for your baby, but how much is too much?I hope my questions are clear I know there is kind of a lot there.... Thank you!
- A: I was also on the pill for 10 years. The first month I was off I got pregnant much to my surprise because I too was told it can take up to a year to get out of your system.Caffeine is not really very good when you are pregnant/trying to get pregnant. There has been some studies that have said that it may cause miscarriages. There are lots of people that dispute that though. I know for me I didn't want to take a chance. They say a small amount of caffeine is ok when pregnant, like a medium coffee or one can of pop. They do make caffeine free coke, could you switch to that?Also you should start taking folic acid (if you are not already) before you conceive. It is very important early in pregnancy to prevent birth defects.Good luck on getting pregnant!! Its wonderful!!!!
Prev Question: What do the pains in your back feel like when your pregnant
People also view