How long does it take for your stomach to grow when you are pregnant
By the start of your second trimester, your pregnancy is probably no longer a secret. You may have to wear maternity clothes. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-for-your-stomach-to-grow-when-you-are-pregnant ]
More Answers to "How long does it take for your stomach to grow when you are pregnant"
- How long does it take for your stomach to grow when you're pregna...?
- "Showing" occurs at different intervals for people, usually within 3-4 months. If you've had kids before, you will show sooner.
- When pregnant, how long does it usually take for the stomach to s...?
- Your stomach doesn't grow, your uterus does. How soon you start to notice changes vary from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. Most women don't show at all within the first trimester other than a little general bloating. Its more to...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Cat is nervous around me, but not when my fiancee is around.
- Q: My bride-to-be and I adopted a cat, Skye, in March. We don't know exactly how old she is, but we estimate she was around 9 months old when we brought her home. She must be between a year and a year and a half old now.At first when we brought her home, she was extremely playful and friendly to both of us, and our guests when we had company. After a few months, she started to get lethargic and wasn't eating very well. We also noticed some flaky clumps on her skin that would fall out, and the fur in the area with them. We took her to the vet immediately, where she was diagnosed with ringworm.The vet gave us a 40-day medication which consisted of giving me a pill twice a day via a pill-popper. The medication was one of those 'women who are pregnant or may become pregnant should not handle,' so I was the one administering the medication. This, on top of the fact that she is my first real pet, and my fiancee has had cats all of her life, may be part of the reason she is apprehensive towards me. I definitely don't know everything about being a cat owner, and sometimes I overreact when she does something bad like pee on our bed, or pee on the floor when I try to feed her, etc.After the ringworm medication was finished, we decided to get another kitten to be her friend. This time we went to a couple whose cats had just given birth to a litter of kittens. Shady was 6 weeks old when we brought him home. It only took Skye one week to warm up to him and act as big sister to him. Tragically, about 3 weeks after we brought Shady home, he suddenly died of a seizure in the middle of the night. We took Skye to the vet immediately where she had blood work done, and it came back with very high liver and muscle enzymes. The vet put her on antibiotics until she could get a better idea what was wrong with her.It seems Skye has been on medications ever since then. Currently she is on one for her liver (taken at night with dinner), and she just finished another medicine (taken in the morning on an empty stomach). Her last checkup, which was a week and a half ago, her blood work came back almost completely normal. Now we have her on an extended dosage of the medicine that apparently brought her levels back down to near-normal. Her next checkup is this upcoming Friday, and we are hoping for a clean bill of health from the vet.Our daily routine with Sky has been as follows:I wake up at 4:30am, give Skye her morning medicine (which is finished now), I leave the house at 5am to catch the train into the city. More often than not, I am greeted with growing, flat ears, puffy tail, etc. Skye also does not talk to me anymore, this has been the case since the first ringworm medication several months ago.My fiancee wakes up at 7:30am, feeds Skye (who has been playing and talking ever since I have left), leaves for work at 8:30am.I get home at 4pm to a fully alert Skye who won't take her eyes off of me, or move from where she is. If I approach, which I usually don't, I get the flat ears and bushy tail.My fiancee gets home at 5:30pm, at which point Skye will be up and about, talking, purring, etc, but only if I'm not in sight. If I am in sight, she doesn't move, make a noise, or take her eyes off of me.I have been reading that feeding and treating is the key to getting your cat to tolerate/like you. With her current schedule, it would be difficult to be the sole food provider for her. She eats breakfast at 7:30-8am, and dinner at around 8-9pm. She is fed in the kitchen, but her favorite place to hang out is in our bedroom, which is on the second floor. I can't pick her up and bring her downstairs to feed her without her growing and hissing, and likely running away back upstairs when I turn my back after setting her down. When she doesn't immediately run away, she's likely to pee on the floor if I stick around too long after placing her food in front of her.How can I be the one to feed her if she won't follow me or let me pick her up, and her food and water bowls are so far from where she hangs out? She eats wet food, so I can't just leave it out all day or it will get gross and she won't eat it anyway.I've tried to tell myself that I don't care whether the cat likes me, I've told my fiancee that I don't want anything to do with caring for her anymore if she's just going to treat me like an enemy no matter what I do, but I just don't feel that way. I need the house to be peaceful at all times, and that includes my relationship with the cat.I'm open to and grateful for any suggestions the community may have. Thanks!I forgot to mention, when Skye is just with my fiancee, and she's walking around the bed, playing, talking, etc, she completely shuts down if I enter the area.
- A: It is unfortunate that you had to be the one to be "doctor." She associates you with pain, so we must change that.You certainly can put down her wet food early in the morning. Call her gently (don't carry her down) and move away from the food. She will probably ignore you for a while and not come down, but that's okay. Peeing on the floor is definitely NOT okay. Squirt her once from a water bottle sprayer and tell her NO very firmly, but do not show aggression. Take the food away and clean up thoroughly. When you get home, get out some delicious cat treats-five or six pieces. Call her name and gently slide one across the floor towards her. Sit still and see if she will eat it. Slide another one in another direction, making a hunting game out of it. This may not work the first few times, but stick with it for a few weeks. Associating you with a good thing will improve your image in her eyes.You should be the one to feed her dinner too. Move up her dinner to 5 before your girlfriend gets home. At this point your girlfriend needs to back off and support you as you try to reestablish a relationship with Skye. Failure to do so means she likes the cat more than you, but that's another issue.Peeing on the bed is a sign of dominance. You are right to be angry. All bedding must be thoroughly washed in hot water and bleach and the entire room cleaned, preferably with citrus based cleaners which cats don't like. Skye must be banned from the bedroom until she comes to accept you once again. Create a cozy spot for her somewhere else in a neutral space. The kitchen would be good if there's room since cats don't like to soil where they eat.You really do care about your relationship with Skye, and I'm sorry that you've had to be the "heavy" through her illness. Once she's been given a clean bill of health, you might want to consider getting a kitten for yourself, one that you will feed, groom, and bond with through play and snuggling. You will feel loved and perhaps Skye will realize you're not such a bad guy after all.
- Pregnancy Ed for Teens: "Can I get pregnant from this: I was naked and he was dressed." ?
- Q: Is it just me who is getting rather annoyed of 'am I pregnant' stories. I don't mind the ones where I can help them realize that there is zero chance they'd experence symptoms 2 days after sex, or how long it would take to be able to get an accurate pregnancy test reading. It's just I'm sick of all these questions about being pregnant from dry sex. Or how the penis just touched them, and they are positive they are pregnant from pre-cum.Please stop worrying. When you grow up you're realize that you can't worry about pregnancy every time you come close or experience a sexual experience. You can not experience anything a week after the incident, and your stomach IS NOT getting bigger even though you had unprotected sex 6 days ago. Your stomach starts showing at 3 months. http://www.babies.sutterhealth.org/babygrowth/fetaldev/index.htmlIf you don't want to be parents, no matter how much you 'get into the moment' you use common sense and wear a condom. You do not try for a baby for unconditional love, to trap a boyfriend or cause you want the attention. You need to be financial sound. You need to have a job. You need to have a place of your own. Getting pregnant on purpose and living at home is selfish. You need to realize the pressure you're putting on the family. Not just financial but mentally. A baby is a big deal.If you got pregnant on accident, it's going to be okay. Tell your parents as soon as possible. Delaying the talk will just prove your not ready for a baby, or any responsiblity. If you decided to keep the baby, your parents can not force you to abort, but you do need to step up and get a job to afford the baby. Your sexual partner will need to step up to. It's a two way street. http://www.babycenter.com/cost-of-raising-child-calculatorhttp://www.teenageparent.org/english/costofbaby2B.htmlhttp://www.i-am-pregnant.com/encyclopedia/B/Baby-Cost-Calculator/http://www.babyzone.com/cost-of-baby-calculator/Be smart about it. Buy some Teen Sex Ed books and use common sense. And please stop concluding you're pregnant just cause you had unprotected sex, because you 'feel pregnant', your period was lighter, shorter, a little early or late or cause you have the 'pregnancy symptoms'. Pregnancy symptoms are related to SO many health issues. The only symptom you should be seriously worried about is being OVER a week late. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/earlypregnancysymptoms.html✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀I understand about worrying about pregnancy if you just started to have sex, but you really can't just always find any excuse to back up why you think your pregnant. If you always worry, the rest of your life will be very stressful. Remember, being late is the only real symptoms to conclude your period.http://www.babycenter.com/404_can-you-be-pregnant-and-still-get-your-period_7102.bc✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀To those who believed they were pregnant when they were teens. Looking back, why did you think you were pregnant?Were you?How many times did you think you were pregnant?✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀In total. I did about 5 times. When I started to get sexually active, I never worried about pregnancy cause we used protection and birth control. When I was 17, I was 11 days late before I got my period. The 2nd time I was 18, and 6 days late. The 3rd time I was 20 and we decided to stop using condoms. (I had stopped Birth Control at 18) I thought people automatically got pregnany when they weren't safe. The 2nd month of being unprotected I thougth pregnancy too. I had nothing to think I was. I was just being naive.
- A: I WANNA PLAY I WANNA PLAY! lol"We dry humped and he said he had cum in his pants. Will I get pregnant for rubbing up against him but he still had his pants on?"
- another Am I pregnant? question...?
- Q: Soooo... where do I begin?My boobs have been sore and growing for about 2 weeks now. My bras are getting stretched out and tight and soon I'll need to buy new ones.I was supposed to start my period the 6th. It finally came on the 17th... but with several irregularities... My cramps are usually for the first hour or two only... and no longer than the first day... I had cramps for the first two days and continue to get them on and off... My period was so light that I would have maybe an inch to an inch and half of blood which was usually a bright red or brownish color at the end of each day. I saw my doctor and she gave me a pregnancy test which was negative and she says that I'm not pregnant unless I miss my next period which is apparently very common, thats how my best friend learned that she was pregnant.My period is gone now and Im so surprised that it was so different from usual... Im typically VERY heavy for the first half of the week...Other symptoms that have me thinkin I might be pregnant... are bloating that causes my jeans literally not to fit me!!! I was in complete disbelief last night when I was getting ready to leave the house and I couldn't get my pants on!!! what????Ive had a few headaches here and there and I never get those either.Ive been having pains in my stomach that feel like cramps or like very painful gas... Thats really embarassing... but I'm trying to give enough information to have good answers.Sooo... I have been really moody, says my boyfriend... I completely disagree.I've been tired all the time except some random mornings and nights where I can't sleep for the life of me... but usually even 13 hours is not enough and I have to drag myself out of bed... Right now, I feel as though I have the energy of a 5 year old... I can't be still for a second.I'm not worried. If I'm pregnant, that would be awesome. I just don't want to get excited and next month's period come and I find out that I'm not. lol.This is all really unusual for me... I've never had bloating like this except during the last month approximately.Never had cramps after my period or so much cramping due to gas.I've never had unusual periods except on rare occasion I might be late... but never light or nearly 2 weeks late.So what do you guys think?Pregnant or not pregnant.And don't give me that bull about you got your period, not pregnant. That's not true. My friend was pregnant and still had one light period. And negative preggers tests... yeah, not really accurate either. It can take 5-7 weeks for the placenta to develop and that means that it can take 5-7 weeks for the HCg levels to be high enough to be detected by a pregnancy test.
- A: Hmmm this is kind of a tough one. I understand about still having your period slightly and still being pregnant. 2 of my friends have experienced this and their pregnancies came as a shock when they did find out. If i had to just pick on based on judgment I would say i think you are pregnant. It does sound like it. I would just do a blood test...Its one of the easiest ways to find out. If you dont want to buy store tests and stuff. Just explain to a doctor. Periods are very weird though. I mean congrats if you are pregnant. I would say it sounds like you are.
Prev Question: What causes you to throw up when your 8 weeks pregnant
People also view