How long does a cat have to be pregnant before it has kittens
A cat's gestation period typically runs from 57 to 69 days, with the average of 63 to 64 days. Congratulations! ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-a-cat-have-to-be-pregnant-before-it-has-kittens ]
More Answers to "How long does a cat have to be pregnant before it has kittens"
- How long is a cat pregnant before she has her kittens??
- The normal gestation period for a cat is 61 to 69 days. Siamese may carry for as many as 71 days. The average is about 9 - 10 weeks.
- How long before your pregnant cat gets teats and milk for the kit...?
- They will start to become pink betweent the 14-21st day after conception. Try this pregnancy calendar for cats: http://www.purrinlot.com/preg.htm
- How long before my pregnant cat has kittens?
- A cat's incubation period, or time from conception to birth, is normally about 63 days. If you don't know what to look for, please get your cat to a vet for eye treatment. It could have been a fight (not neutered males do fight a lot), it c...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long will my pregnant cat have contractions before the kittens are born?
- Q: It's been about 45 minutes of contractions so far, how long do the contractions usually last? I know it differs from queen to queen, but can anyone give me a guess? Also thanks for all the litter answers! We're searching the house for a box!
- A: It's hard to say because they are all different, just like people. If it's her first litter it might take longer. It's best she is in quite area without a lot of noise or stress. The calmer the atmosphere the calmer she will be and birthing will be much easier for her. If you have children standing around they might upset her.
- after giving birth, how long does it take for your cat to possibly be pregnant again?
- Q: i never had a pregnant cat before because i usuallly fix my animals but i decided to let my cat have 1 liter. but it seems like she might be pregnant again! but what i want to know is, is it even possible for her to be pregnant again, in only 5 weeks and 4 days after having the 2 kittens she has now? i was planning on getting her fixed but i dont want to hurt the kittens inside her if she is pregnant
- A: You should take her to a vet, it is possible she is pregnant again, and you need to get her spayed right away if she isn't, there are too many unwanted kittens.
- How long does a cat stay pregnant.?
- Q: I have two cats that are pregnant. But I need to find out how long they should be pregnant before I need to prepare for kittens. It is cold outside and want to bring them in before delivery so the kittens won't freeze.
- A: Cats tend to stay pregnant for only 3-3.5 months, usually around 60-67 days. Trust me i am a vet. Your cat may stay pregnant longer if she is having a large litter (6+ kittens) and during this time you should let her sleep for 16-20 hours a day because, espicially for a cat, it is very hard work--with 2-8 babies at once! good luck!If you are concerned about the weather the you should ask the vet to come to your home to deliver the kittens, it will cost a little more, but it is worth it!
Prev Question: What is the average amount of pregnant teenagers
People also view