How long are deer pregnant
Most deer are usually pregnant for 6 months before they give birth. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-are-deer-pregnant ]
More Answers to "How long are deer pregnant"
- How long are deer pregnant
- Most deer are usually pregnant for 6 months before they give birth. Thanks for using ChaCha!
- What time of year are deer pregnant and for how long??
- Here in Maine the white tail deer starts the breeding process in September and lasts until January. There are 5 phases of the rut for breeding in the buck's hierarchy. The gestation period is 180 days and usually born in late spring. The do...
- How long do whitetail deer live?
- To discover how long the whitetail deer lives you first know that they are very agile,can leap very high and are very fast. Whitetail deer are also great swimmers and can live up to twenty year. Most whitetail deer live to be ten years old.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what time of year are deer pregnant and for how long?
- A: Here in Maine the white tail deer starts the breeding process in September and lasts until January. There are 5 phases of the rut for breeding in the buck's hierarchy. The gestation period is 180 days and usually born in late spring. The doe will usually give birth to twins if she is a healthy deer. The fawns usually are born between May and June and by the fall, the fawns have lost all of there spots. I have seen late bloomers too, and have a hard time through the winter months. Jim also has a great answer, but I have studied the whitetail deer for 30 years in the field, and usually the peak breeding time is on the harvest moon phase and around the November 1st, for a brief period when (most) the does come into estrus.
- How long do you have to remove the babies from their mother's womb so they can survive, if a mamma deer dies?
- Q: My bro-in-law is a police officer and today he was called to an accident where someone hit a pregnant doe on the road (poor mamma just didn't move fast enough). The deer ran off but further down the road they found it already dead but noticed it was pregnant. My husband (not an avid hunter...hasn't for 15 years now) and 1 of his other brothers who is an EMT, immediately took the deer to my in-laws house down the road 1/4 mile to try to remove the baby via emergency c-section (if you will). It was actually 20-25 minutes after the deer had died, but after they quickly but carefully opened the mother's belly, they discovered 2 beautiful fawns...absolutely adorable. I've never witnessed anything this beautiful in any animal. Everything was perfect on each of them but it was too late. Neither one of them was breathing and there was no pulse. The one fawn's umbilical cord was detached...probably from the impact. It was amazing...2 grown men trying to save 2 helpless animals. Powerful!
- A: aww thats sad..but unfortunately... the fawns would not have made it anyway...say they were alive when they did the c-section.. the fawns must have the mothers colostrum.. and unless you have colostrum on hand... or unless u contact a rehabber immediatley ( we have colostrum on hand)the fawns would have only lived for a few days..but im glad your friends tried.. if it ever happens again.. remember.. they have to have colostrum!
- Idiots Everywhere... Long joke but well worth reading.?
- Q: IDIOTS AT WORK...I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the clerk noticed that I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card. She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the card was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary to compare the signature on the credit card with the signature I just signed on the receipt. So I signed the credit card in front of her. She carefully compared that signature to the one I signed on the receipt. As luck would have it, they matched. ADVICE FOR IDIOTS...An actual tip from page 16 of the HP "Environmental, Health & Safety Handbook for Employees: "Blink your eyelids periodically to lubricate your eyes." IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD...I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: Many deer were being hit by cars and he no longer wanted them to cross there. IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE...My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the individual behind the counter for "minimal lettuce. "He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg. IDIOTS IN THE NEWS...Buffalo Channel 4 News on October 20th,1999 informed its captivated audience that when selling their computer, the best way to erase the files on your computers hard drive is by drilling a hole in the drive its self! "By drilling a hole in the drive its self, you make it impossible for the new owner to get your files." No kidding, idiot! IDIOT SIGHTINGS...Sighting #1: I was at the airport, checking in at the gate, when the airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?" I said, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?”He smiled and nodded knowingly, "That's why we ask." Sighting #2: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it is safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged co-worker of mine, when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals to blind people when the light is red. She responded, appalled, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?" Sighting #3: At a good-bye lunch for an old and dear co-worker who is leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager spoke up and said, "This is fun. We should have lunch like this more often." Not another word was spoken. We just looked at each other like deer staring into the headlights of an approaching truck. Sighting #4: I worked with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her could not understand why her system would not turn on. Sighting #5: When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told that the keys had been accidentally locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger's side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered it was open." Hey," I announced to the technician, "its open!" "I know," answered the young man. - "I already got that side." Sighting #6: I work in a hospital and one day the doctor and I were asking a pregnant lady some questions upon admission to the maternity ward. When we asked her who we should call in case of an emergency, she stated "911". Sighting #7: My daughter was going over to the neighbour’s house to visit but didn't want to miss a call from her boyfriend so she took the cordless phone with her. While at the neighbours she wanted to check back at home to see if her younger brother was okay. My daughter then picked up the neighbours phone and dialled our number. While waiting for someone to answer the phone at home, the phone she brought over with her began to ring. She immediately hung up the neighbour’s phone and answered our phone. There was no one there. She wanted to know who it was who called so she used our phone to call our house. The line was busy. Getting very frustrated she left the neighbours to go home and see who was on the phone. No one was on the phone. My daughter could not figure out what was going on until someone explained it to her. Sighting #8: As systems manager of an answering service a few years back I had the pleasure of working with an especially ignorant doctor. Our system was trying to fax her messages to her place of business when a message came back informing us her fax was out of paper. When I called her office and told her about this she replied, "Oh, I'm all out of bond paper. Could you fax me some?" I'm right on it, Babe. Sighting #9: I was in McDonalds one time when the lady in front of me ordered a cheeseburger and requested no cheese. Now I don't know about you but that sounds like a hamburger to me. Sighting #10: Many years ago I worked in a delicatessen. The assistant manager had burnt something in the oven and smoke was pouring from the kitchen area. When the store manager came by and asked why she hadn't opened the emergency fire exit door to allow the smoke to go outside she said, "I thought about it but I couldn't find the key!" Sighting #11: I was sitting at my University bar with some friends the other day when we overheard a man talking on his mobile phone. He was saying that he wanted to "buy, buy, buy" some shares and "sell, sell, sell" some shares. Unfortunately for him, his mobile phone actually began to ring!!! The laughter in the bar was heard for miles!! Now that's what I call an IDIOT! Sighting #12: A friend of mine and I were on a little road trip with his wife driving. Everything was pretty quiet when she turned to us and asked, "If you are driving 70mph, about how far would you go in an hour?" Oh yeah, she's a smart one. Sighting #13: Calling the telecommunication company to inform them my phone didn't work and that when I picked up the receiver it’s completely dead, the technician said from the other end "Are you calling from the number of the phone that does not work?"
- A: Brilliant..well worth reading.*
Prev Question: Where in your legs do you get cramps when your pregnant
People also view