How far along do you have to be before you can know if you're pregnant
Usually you can tell if you're pregnant when you miss your period. If this happens, a pregnancy test might be a wise investment. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-far-along-do-you-have-to-be-before-you-can-know-if-you%27re-pregnant ]
More Answers to "How far along do you have to be before you can know if you're pregnant"
- How far along do you have to be before you can know if you're pre...?
- Usually you can tell if you're pregnant when you miss your period. If this happens, a pregnancy test might be a wise investment.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Could I be pregnant? Please, looking for opinions, especially those who've been pregnant before...?
- Q: Its too early to take a pregnancy test, I have about 17 days until I should start my period. My last period started about 14 days ago, and it was lighter than usual but lasted a day or two longer. I don't know when I conceived (if I am pregnant) or how far along I could be. I've read online that you can still having a light period if you're pregnant. The only reason I think I'm pregnant is because I'm having a lot of the symptoms. I'm always tired, like I can't get enough sleep and its hard to get up in the morning and just do simple things like take the dog for a walk. I've been randomly getting nauseous out of nowhere, but not often and sometimes my stomach just hurts. I'm constantly hungry. I woke up 6:30 this morning starving and so I ate a bowl of cheerios with a banana and blueberries. Then, three hours later I'm starving again so I ate a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and an orange. Then, an hour later I was hungry AGAIN so I had an apple. 1:30 comes around and again I'm starving so I have a sandwich. You get the idea... And right now at 3:30 I feel like I haven't eaten anything all day. I feel lightheaded when I stand up, and weak like I haven't been eating anything. I've been bloated for the past 3 weeks, and my pants are a lot tighter. I drink at least a liter of water everyday, so I don't know why I'm so bloated. I rarely eat things with salt in it. I don't feel overly moody other than the fact that I'm stressing that I might be pregnant. I know that the only way I'll know for sure if I'm pregnant is to take a test but like I said, its too early to do so and I'm just looking for opinions so I can decide if I should stop worrying so much over it. Thank you for any input.
- A: Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy; however, one of the most significant pregnancy symptoms is a delayed or missed menstrual cycle. Understanding the signs and symptoms of pregnancy is important because each symptom may be related to something other than pregnancy. Some women experience signs or symptoms of pregnancy within a week of conception. For other women, pregnancy symptoms may develop over a few weeks or may not be present at all.Below is a listing of some of the most common pregnancy signs symptoms. If you have been sexually active and experiencing any of the following symptoms it is important to take a pregnancy test.Find a Free Testing Center or call 1-866-942-6466Implantation Bleeding:Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping. Other Explanations: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.Delay/Difference in Menstruation:A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.Other Explanations: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.Swollen/Tender Breasts:Swollen or tender breasts is a pregnancy symptom which may begin as early as 1-2 weeks after conception. Women may notice changes in their breasts; they may be tender to the touch, sore, or swollen. Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, impending menstruation (PMS) can also cause your breasts to be swollen or tender.Fatigue/Tiredness:Feeling fatigued or more tired is a pregnancy symptom which can also start as early as the first week after conception. Other Explanations: Stress, exhaustion, depression, common cold or flu, or other illnesses can also leave you feeling tired or fatigued.Nausea/Morning Sickness:This well-known pregnancy symptom will often show up between 2-8 weeks after conception. Some women are fortunate to not deal with morning sickness at all, while others will feel nauseous throughout most of their pregnancy.Other Explanations: Food poisoning, stress, or other stomach disorders can also cause you to feel queasy.Backaches:Lower backaches may be a symptom that occurs early in pregnancy; however, it is common to experience a dull backache throughout an entire pregnancy. Other Explanations: Impending menstruation, stress, other back problems, and physical or mental strains.Headaches:The sudden rise of hormones in your body can cause you to have headaches early in pregnancy. Other Explanations: Dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, impending menstruation, eye strain, or other ailments can be the source of frequent or chronic headaches.Frequent Urination:Around 6-8 weeks after conception, you may find yourself making a few extra trips to the bathroom. Other Explanations: Urinary tract infection, diabetes, increasing liquid intake, or taking excessive diuretics.Darkening of Areolas:If you are pregnant, the skin around your nipples may get darker. Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance unrelated to pregnancy or may be a leftover effect from a previous pregnancy.Food Cravings:While you may not have a strong desire to eat pickles and ice cream, many women will feel cravings for certain foods when they are pregnant. This can last throughout your entire pregnancy. Other Explanations: Poor diet, lack of a certain nutrient, stress, depression, or impending menstruation.Your Next Steps:Having symptoms? Find a Free Testing Center.Unplanned pregnancy? Call 1-866-942-6466Pregnant? No Insurance Ameriplan or Maternity Advantage Trying to conceive? Order Fertility Products.
- How are you pregnant ladies feeling today? Anything new you're excited about?
- Q: Hello there all!I'm 29 Weeks 5 Days pregnant and stuck at home with a bad back - so I hope you don't mind me pumping out the questions!Well I was just curious to see how you're all going today and if there is something coming up to do with your pregnancy that you're excited about. Or something totally unrelated! How far along are you and are you going well?Today I'm feeling more optimistic than I have in weeks. After speaking to my OBGYN on the phone recently I found out two things. 1. That he is willing to induce me early due to my bad back and just knowing that I might give birth a few weeks earlier that 40 weeks makes me SO happy to know! Might not happen but at least it is an option now. Excited to meet the baby earlier for one, and also happy I will be able to get pressure off my back earlier and more time with Bub before Christmas to get on our feet. 2. That the bad acne I'm experiencing right now can be helped. My Obgyn says that there is tablets and a cream that can help heal it for before Bub is born. I'm so excited as I didn't want my body riddled with acne for when I breast feed and Bub is born too. I feel like a big lump right now and being COVERED with acne (as I can't take my usual stuff used before pregnancy) is doing nothing for my confidence.So today I look forward to my next OBGYN appointment in a week and 1/2 so I can talk about these things.Right now I'm getting up to get dinner done ready so I can settle back down before my back gets worse again.How are you all feeling today? Anything coming up that you're excited about? New milestones and such?Oh, and it is a BEAUTIFUL sunny day which always makes me happy (start spring in September) and my baby had the biggest dance in my tummy this morning which was glorious to watch too. Thanks for your answers!
- A: Sorry, just got the email about this question...I am about to be 26 weeks in a few hours. I am very excited that we got my little girls room painted this week and figured out what to do with the furniture that is currently residing in that room. We can now get rid of it so we can go purchase the new furniture. Yay! Hard to believe it is getting closer. I am 99 days left. I have my next OB appt on Wednesday and then another ultrasound two weeks from today after I get back from my week at the beach next week. Yes I am excited that I get to veg out around the pool and the beach for a week next week. It's only about an hour away from here, but a much needed break.On the other hand, I am not looking forward to the flight I have to take this weekend. I am dreading it so much. I have so much anxiety about it, about the what ifs I guess. But it's for my brother's wedding. Otherwise i would cancel it in a heart beat, but I'm still up in the air, because i want to be there for my brother, but my baby is also important to me. I plan to talk to my doc again on Wednesday to see what she says. I'm glad everything is looking up for you and that you are having a good day. :)
- Help! Early pregnancy questions!!?
- Q: I'm in the 11th week of my second pregnancy, but of course it is different from my first. So I have a couple of questions:1. Is there a laxative that is safe for pregnant women who just do not have bowel movements?2. When exactly is spotting normal? What if you're not spotting, but it seems as though something is coming out when you go to the bathroom? (i know that sounds weird)3. If you've been dealing with stress even before you found out you were pregnant and the further along you are in your pregnancy the more depressed you seem, how do you get help before it's too late?4. How long can you sleep on your stomach?5. Can you eat sushi while you're pregnant?
- A: 1. The constipation is caused by the iron in prenatal pills. Try eating dry fruit daily (especially apricots). Drink a lot of water and eat things high in fiber. Check with your doctor what laxatives are safe. You may just want to try something like Metamucil. 2. Some women spot during pregnancy. If you aren't spotting blood but feel like something is coming out maybe it is mucus or discharge which is very common during pregnancy.3. Talk to your doctor right away. Stress is not good especially when you are pregnant. If you are depressed I believe there are some medication safe to take during pregnancy that can help.4. It is best to sleep on your side while pregnant. If you can't then sleep on your stomach until it is uncomfortable. Your body will tell you when that is. 5. It depends on what kind of sushi. If it is uncooked (California roll) that is fine. If it is raw it isn't a good idea, especially don't eat fish high in mercury. A very small amount of tuna is alright but limit it to no more than 6 ounces once every week or two (it does contain mercury).
Prev Question: How can you tell if you're pregnant in the first 3 weeks
People also view