How does birth control stop you from pregnant
Birth control releases a combination of the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prevent ovulation (the release of an egg during the monthly cycle). A woman cannot get pregnant if she doesn't ovulate because there is no egg to be fertilized. More? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-does-birth-control-stop-you-from-pregnant ]
More Answers to "How does birth control stop you from pregnant"
- How does birth control stop you from pregnant
- Birth control releases a combination of the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prevent ovulation (the release of an egg during the monthly cycle). A woman cannot get pregnant if she doesn't ovulate because there is no egg to be fertilize...
- Will birth control stop a pregnancy?
- It all depends what kind of birth control you use. Methods such as an IUD/coil, condoms, contraceptive injections and the contraceptive implant are all 96-99% reliable. Birth control pills are around 90% reliable, but it all depends if you ...
- How long after you stop taking birth control can you get pregnant...?
- was once believed that once you stopped taking the pill you should wait two to three menstrual cycles before getting pregnant. Doctors once believed that if you got pregnant right away that there was a higher chance of miscarriage, though t...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long will it take me to get pregnant once I stop taking birth control? I have taken it off&on for 4 years.?
- Q: I stopped taking birth control recently hoping to get pregnant soon, I was on birth control off and on for about 4 years. Is there a certain amount of time it takes for the birth control to fully release itself from my body once ive stopped taking it? Also, when does the body ovulate more? any answers are appreciated! thank you.
- A: I was on the pill off and on, more on, for 10 years, I got off of it on January 9th, I started my period on January 11th, was suppose to have my period again on February 8th, well it never came, i'm 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Everyone is different. If you are really trying then you can buy an ovulation monitor, or some ovulation tests and get to know your body and when you ovulate.
- for women... how fast can you get pregnant once stopping birth control pills?
- Q: just out of curiosty, how fast did you get pregnant once stopping birth control pills? is it possible to get pregnant a few days after?...how long does it take for the body to fully get rid of the birth control medicine stuff from the body completly?
- A: Although rare, it IS possible to get pregnant right after stopping the pill, depending on when in your cycle you stop taking the pills.For instance, if you go off them right after your period ( or the placebo pills), there is a chance that you will ovulate normally that cycle, and pregnancy could occur. However, it is far more likely that it will take 1-3 cycles before your body's hormones start leveling correctly enough to ovulate and prepare the uterus for pregnancy. Research shows that if you're on Seasonale (the one where you take no placebos, only full strength pills for 3 months straight) it can take longer for your body to clear it out of your system.
- How long did it take you to get pregnant after taking birth control?
- Q: How long did it take you to get pregnant after birth control?I never took birth control before having my first child and it took 9 months to get pregnant. I know everyone is different but I'm just curious how long it took you to conceive after taking birth control. I know it takes some people a long time but others only 1 month. You just never know. I'd like to hear from different people though to see. I am stopping my birth control this month to give my body time to get back on track and ovulating again. Oh...and I take the pill, Loestrin.
- A: My sister in law told me her doctor told her to wait 6 months after she quit taking her birth control to start trying to concieve. I guess it will for sure all be out of your system in 6 months so you will have a better chance.
Prev Question: What will happen if you fight a pregnant girl
People also view