Does drinking reduce your risks of getting pregnant
It suggested that as few as five or less drinks every week would decrease a woman's chance of becoming pregnant. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-drinking-reduce-your-risks-of-getting-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Does drinking reduce your risks of getting pregnant"
- Does drinking reduce your risks of getting pregnant
- It suggested that as few as five or less drinks every week would decrease a woman's chance of becoming pregnant.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is the H1N1 vaccine a way to reduce the population?
- Q: John Holdren, Obama's Science Czar: Forced abortions and mass sterilization needed to save the planetBook he authored in 1977 advocates for extreme totalitarian measures to control the populationForced abortions. Mass sterilization. A "Planetary Regime" with the power of life and death over American citizens. The tyrannical fantasies of a madman? Or merely the opinions of the person now in control of science policy in the United States? Or both?These ideas (among many other equally horrifying recommendations) were put forth by John Holdren, whom Barack Obama has recently appointed Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, and Co-Chair of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology -- informally known as the United States' Science Czar. In a book Holdren co-authored in 1977, the man now firmly in control of science policy in this country wrote that:• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food;• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;• People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" -- in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.• A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force.Impossible, you say? That must be an exaggeration or a hoax. No one in their right mind would say such things.Well, I hate to break the news to you, but it is no hoax, no exaggeration. John Holdren really did say those things, and this report contains the proof. Below you will find photographs, scans, and transcriptions of pages in the book Ecoscience, co-authored in 1977 by John Holdren and his close colleagues Paul Ehrlich and Anne Ehrlich. The scans and photos are provided to supply conclusive evidence that the words attributed to Holdren are unaltered and accurately transcribedKrissi Danielsson reporting from About.com quotes an article from the Minneapolis Star Tribune which showed how some pregnant women are skeptical of the new H1N1 vaccine. Several women blogging at the end of the article had experienced miscarriages with the H1N1 vaccine. Pregnant women are considered one of the "high risk" groups, but many women are less than thrilled about the idea of getting the shot, reporting concerns about the safety of the vaccine and possible effects for the unborn baby.I can definitely see where they are coming from, being someone who was concerned about safety of pretty much everything when I was pregnant. And there's not much research on the safety of any type of flu vaccine during the first trimester, much less thimerosal exposure in the first trimester, although the CDC says that flu vaccination is advisable in any trimester during a pandemic. As with most cases, all you can really do is weigh the risks and benefits of both courses of action and discuss your concerns with your doctor - then make an informed choice on how to proceed.What are your thoughts? Do you plan to get the H1N1 flu vaccine, especially if you are currently pregnant or hope to become pregnant in the near future? Comments (from readers)October 9, 2009 at 2:41 pm(1) Jo says: I got the flu vaccine (regular not H1N1) at 8 weeks pregnant. Three days later I miscarried. I am not going to get the H1N1.October 26, 2009 at 11:07 am(2) Regrets says:I got both vaccines on Thursday. I was 9 weeks pregnant. I miscarried on Sunday. I was told by several doctors to get these vaccines. Now I wish I followed my gut feeling and not get them at ALL!October 29, 2009 at 8:33 am(3) says: i work in a hospital like setting and was told 'the benefits outweigh the risks" 1am i got the vaccine, 3am i started bleeding and craming, 3pm miscarried. you decideOctober 31, 2009 at 1:29 pm(4) sue says: I had the H1N1 vaccination and 24 hours later had a miscarriage.October 31, 2009 at 8:25 pm(5) Linda Hill says: My daughter in law was 10 weeks pregnant and had the H1N1 vaccine on Friday that night she miscarried.For more than 100 years "questionable" vaccines have been around, as have the "usual suspects" making huge profits from the sales.It is hard to believe that a scientist spent 6 years of his life isolating the virus responsible for the 1918 pandemic, so that someone can release this again (if they want to), perhaps causing the death of millions. Even if it is not used as a biological weapon, is it really something we want to keep in existence and see "accidentally" let loose on the planet?It does seem strange (more than a coincidence) that a number of potentially deadly viruses are appearing lately and the vaccines offered are equally dangerous. Vaccines that are allowed onto the market without any "official" testing, and if there has been, the reports are not good.Perhaps this too is not surprising, as many of the people behind these vaccines are also supporters of reducing the world's population.A conspiracy theory is not fact. This is fact. You can buy his book and read it yourself. FACTS.One of the early mentions of "depopulation" came in 1974, when a National Security Memo from Henry Kissinger said that India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Philippines, Thailand, Egypt, Colombia, Turkey and Ethiopia were "targets for initial population reduction experimentation" to be implemented around the year 2000.In the same year around 3 million people in the Philippines (between the ages of 12-45) were given a specific test vaccine that ruined their health. This vaccine was given by people connected with the Kissinger report and WHO.Apparently, this same vaccine was given to Native American Indians and Black women in the US, which had a noticeable effect on their sterility levels.If you thought the recent outbreak of Swine Flu is new, you may not be aware that in December 1976 another Swine Flu Pandemic warning was issued, after the death of just one person! 5% of those given the vaccine died immediately and over 10% were crippled, maimedIn May 1987, The Times newspaper reported that the smallpox vaccine administered by WHO had in fact triggered HIV/AIDS, saying that 100 million vaccinated Africans were at risk from HIV/AIDS. The highest smallpox vaccinated areas were also the highest areas for HIV/AIDS.It is perhaps worth mentioning that WHO are largely funded by the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations, and the Rothschild Group in London.Immunity for Drug producers was added to a Homeland Security Bill in November 2002, which effectively means a Drug company can kill as many people as it likes and there is nothing you can do about it.In a report in the New York Times the Gulf War Syndrome was said to be "Positively linked to vaccination of veterans". Over 100,000 veterans contracted the "Syndrome" during the 1991 "Operation Desert Storm" and more than 20,000 have died from it, which is believed to have been triggered by toxic "squalene", a vaccine "adjuvant" (all modern vaccines contain this toxin).Perhaps this too is not surprising, as many of the people behind these vaccines are also supporters of reducing the world's population. Not just by a few thousand, or even millions, but an unbelievable 6 billion! Some of them feel that the planet should have no more 500,000 inhabitants and be controlled by one group of people (you won't need three guesses to know who these people are).As there are two potential "benefits" to a pandemic (from the "Elites" point of view), drug company profits and depopulation, it is essential that the public are encouraged to have their vaccinations. Initially, this was promoted by fear (be vaccinated or die!), but some have questioned the safety of these vaccines and reduced profits, so other tactics may be employed (an increase in those infected with perhaps a new and more deadly virus).You may have seen reports in Ukraine of more than a million people suddenly becoming infected with what might be a new strain of the Swine Flu, which has killed more than 300 people in a very short timePerhaps, when making your decision on whether to risk having a vaccine yourself (or allowing your kids to have one), you may wonder why many doctors have said no to a vaccination, or why very few (if any) leading figures have been tempted. If they don't think it is safe, why should you?My article today has perhaps more personal interest than normal, as I learnt a few hours ago that one of my brothers has contracted this virus and is in critical condition (on life support). This is no seasonal flu virus, this was manmade, and those responsible (for the virus and the deadly vaccines) must be stopped. You can help save yourself (and others) by refusing these killer vaccines. There is more than enough evidence to see the dangers and who is behind these murders, what more proof do you
- A: Obamacare at it's finest.
- What do you think about the pros and cons of coffee?
- Q: I was reading my emails this morning and one email I read was about the pros and cons of coffee. It read Cutting Out CoffeeAre you a one-cup-a-day kinda guy or more like a nine-cups-a-day kinda gal? Coffee is as much part of the average adult’s morning routine as is brushing their teeth. The aroma of a fresh brewed cup ‘o Joe or the taste of a freshly pulled shot of espresso is enough to get anyone out of bed on time, even on a frosty, cold morning…(this article came from Life Script Health Advantage) I'm a two cup kinda gal.. Just for the record.If you keep read this article it reads the pros of coffee said to help with "eased post-workout muscle pain and the combination of caffeine and exercise can reduce the risk of skin cancer.Other findings said three or more daily cups of coffee may aid memory in older women, and drinking five or more cups a day can help prevent Alzheimer’s disease." The cons: In March 2007, the American Psychiatric Association said more than 250 milligrams of caffeine daily may cause insomnia, irregular heartbeat, muscle spasms, and the inability to concentrate. Other studies indicate that an afternoon power nap is more effective than caffeine at boosting energy levels and improving alertness. And most recently, in January 2008, the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology said that drinking two cups of coffee a day doubles the risk of miscarriage in pregnant women. (See related article: Is Coffee Crashing Your Diet?)All of the information came from the same article and reading this opened my eyes to how a harmless cup of coffee can do to your body over time. I'm not saying I'm going to stop drinking coffee but that I'll try to drink in moderasion.
- A: I think that if anybody bothered to read the entire question, then they are a fool. If you want to drink coffee, drink coffee. If you don't want it, don't drink it.All the BS studies out there are of absolutely no consequence at your breakfast table.
- THE truth about FOLIC ACID! every mom TTC should know!?
- Q: I Got this from a website www.babyandbump.com. I never knew the importance of folic acid as i was ttc and i came across this thread and would just like to copy paste here. And i just want to share it here for every woman ttc please CONSUME FOLIC ACID as it's really important, just read: You have a very simple choice, but there simply isnt enough information out there to make you aware of it. Most woman wont eat blue cheese when pregnant, wont eat certain fish...drink, smoke because there is a risk to an unborn child... You can't move without the UK government ramming these warnings at you. BUT there is a bigger risk that can nearly always be prevented by a little vitimin.The sciencey bitFolic Acid is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells. It is especially important during periods of rapid cell division and growth such as pregnancy.Taking folic acid prior to pregnancy helps protect against a number of congenital malformations including neural tube defects (NTDs). NTDs result in malformations of the spine (spina bifida), skull, and brain (anencephaly). The risk of NTD is significantly reduced (95%) when folic acid is taken in addition to a healthy diet prior to and during the first month of pregnancy.The protective effect of folic acid during pregnancy goes beyond NTDs. Taking folic acid has been shown to reduce the risk of congenital heart defects, cleft palate, limb defects, and urinary tract anomalies. Taking 5mg micrograms of folic acid daily (this is over ten times the dose in prenatal vitimins!!).Recent research has shown that it is also very important for men who are planning on fathering children, reducing chromosomal defects in their sperm.What is a NTD?During the first month of pregnancy the neural tube (the nerves inside the spine) form, and then the spine forms around it like a zipn from head to toe. Spina bifida is when the spine traps some of these nerves (a bit like when your zip gets stuck). The damage caused depends on the level of the trapped nerves. It can be anything from vital organs, to limbs to organ function. The majority of cases involving major organs do not make it to birth.Those that do not miscarry tend to have varying levels of paralysis in the lower body and loss of control of bowels and bladder. There is a list as long as my arm of associated conditions which tend to go hand in hand, but most notably is hydrocephalus involving the inability to drain fluid from the brain which can never be cured, but is treatable - there will always be a major health risk and involve numerous brain surgeries throughout the person's life.There is no cure and only luck dictates how your child will be effected.My child is a lucky one. He may walk with the help of calipers, may face periods of wheelchair use in his life. He will never be able to urinate himself without major surgery which hasnt been invented yet. He will never be able to have a natural bowel movement and may never experience sensation in penis. Everytime he raises a temperature or gets a headache, he may only have 4 hours to live if he doesnt get brain surgery. And every surgery carries risk of infection or death.Other children will never move any part of their bodies lower than their bra lines, have a bend in their spine that can be up to 90 degrees. Have brain surgery over and over and over and over in their first years of life and repeatedly for the duration of life. The list is endless....A staggering 95% of all cases of Spina Bifida would not have happened if the mother has taken 5mg of folic acid prior and during the first month of pregnancy... This can only be obtained from your doctor. The usual prenatal vitimin dose is only enough if you have a very good diet and do not have a genetic condition which prevents you from absorbing it (1 in 10 woman!!!)Is it Worth it??? It is just a little pill with no known side effects@Bag: By taking folic acid the risk of NTD lower to 75%, I'm so sorry for your daughter though.. I haven't really consume folic acid when i was ttc and didn't have alot of info on it, if i know how important it is i would've consume it religiously.I just hope more and more people will know. So that there will be LESSER innocent babies suffer NTD again..:)@ not a sweetie : Yes that's what i heard to that's why i post this 'question/info' in the Trying to Conceive category, not pregnancy. "The study published this week suggesting a link between folic acid in pregnancy and subsequent increased risk of childhood asthma is not a randomised trial. It relied on a postal questionnaire with a 76% response rate. The increased risk, if there is any, is only just statistically significant. Asthma is treatable whereas spina bifida is a serious and lifelong condition."
- A: Thanks for that! With my first four pregnancies I didn't know the importance of Folic acid and thought I ate enough food high in it so didn't take it as a supplement. - Each of those pregnancies ended in miscarriage.Then I read a story in a magazine about a woman who had 14 miscarriages, then started taking folic acid and went on to have two healthy pregnancies. After reading that I thought I'd start taking it and see if it made a difference, sure enough I had a healthy pregnancy and now have a beautiful, healthy 6 month baby girl.x
Prev Question: Can you get pregnant right after you have your period
People also view