Does a sterile woman have periods
Irregular or abnormal ovulation and menstruation accounts for 30% to 40% of all cases of infertility. Having irregular MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-a-sterile-woman-have-periods ]
More Answers to "Does a sterile woman have periods"
- Why do infertile women and sterile women have periods if they can...?
- Period happens when the uterine lining starts to shed (as the progesterone harmone drops). That is the menstrual part of the cycle. Most women, even if infertile, do not usually have a problem with developing a lining (which is needed for t...
- Do women who are sterile still get their periods??
- Sterile? As in infertile? Some infertile girls still do get their periods, yes. Others don't or not regularly and that's part of the problem. If you mean sterile as in having their tubes tied, yes they do. After a hysterectomy, no.
- Can woman be sterile and still have a period??
- Absolutely. Women who have had their tubes tied are sterile, yet still have a period. Women with scarring or some other issues that cause them to be sterile will also still get their period.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do infertile women and sterile women have periods if they can't get pregnant?
- Q: This is something that has been on my mind lately and I'm wondering why sterile and infertile women continue to have a period even though they can never have children or like me are having trouble getting pregnant. Doesn't your period mean that you are fertile?
- A: Period happens when the uterine lining starts to shed (as the progesterone harmone drops). That is the menstrual part of the cycle. Most women, even if infertile, do not usually have a problem with developing a lining (which is needed for the egg to implant and to sustain pregnancy) or shedding it. Most fertility problems are usually in the follicular stages, or during ovulation i.e. releasing the egg. Even if no egg is released, the uterine line does usually still develop and shed - that is anovulatory bleeding. There are some fertility problems that happen in luteal phase (such as luteal phase defect) even if a good egg is released, but these are usually fairly easy to fix (with progeterone).In summary, a period simply means that body is capable of develop a uterine lining and then shedding it. It doesn't mean that egg was released or ovulation happened. Some women may have problems with both ovulation and shedding the lining (so no periods) due to harmonal imbalance throughout the cycle.Hope above was clear.
- ladies...sterility question?
- Q: -how does a woman find out whether or not she's sterile(without having a man ejac. inside)2-can sterile women have periods?
- A: You can take an over the counter ovulation predictor kit. Ovulation is only one step in determining fertility. You need to ovulate, the egg needs to be able to make it through the fallopian tubes, be fertilized, and then implant into the uterus. Many things can go wrong along the way. And yes, a woman can continue to have her periods and not be ovulating. Hope this helps.
- Has there been any reports of Depo making a woman sterile?
- Q: I was on Depo for 1year and stopped taking it due to excessive weight gain. I have been off for about 2 years. My cycle has been irregular ever since. Approximately how long does it take 2 conceive after you stop taking the shots? How long does it take to get out of your system? My husband and I are worried that something may be wrong we have been trying for about six months. My last cycle was January 19, 2008. The longest amount of time I have gone without my period is two months. It is always disappointing because it takes so long for my cycle to begin I believe that I may be pregnant I take a test and it comes back negative. We always get our hopes up to get let down :o(
- A: I was on depo for a while, and for two years after being off of it, I never got my period, and was then diagnosed with PCOS (Poly cystic ovarian syndrome) You should talk to your doctor about this, and see what could be going on, and they'll probably shed. an ultrasound to figure out whats going on. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Prev Question: Is migraines a symptom of pregnancy
People also view