Do they drug test during pregnancy
To legally obtain a drug test from a pregnant woman would require 1 of 2 things: permission from pregnant women or a valid warrant [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-they-drug-test-during-pregnancy ]
More Answers to "Do they drug test during pregnancy"
- Were you drug tested during your pregnancy?
- At my clinic, they do not do routine drug testing. It is only done if there is suspicion of drug use so that they can help. Many states have laws that permit medical personnel to test the newborn for drugs at birth, but they only do it if t...
- When do they test for drugs during pregnancy doctor visits? Or wh...?
- They don't do drug tests unless you have admitted to using. You don't have to consent to testing. After the baby is born, there is certain criteria where they can test you or your baby without consent, such as if there was an unusually rapi...
- Do They Test For Drugs During Pregnancy?
- No, They cannot test for drugs during your pregnancy unless they have consent from you. If you are taking drugs, it is best to tell your doctor ASAP as the drugs may harm the baby. Its better to be safe than sorry! And don't worry, they are...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- drug testing during pregnancy doctor visits?
- Q: I know so many people that do different kind of "street drugs" during their pregnancy, I was wondering if they drug test at prenatal visits? and if not, i think they should.
- A: In Tennessee if you are on government subsidized health care they will test the mother after the birth. I think it's a great idea to test as soon as the pregnancy is detected. Not to punish the mother but to allow her to get assistance for her problem. Also, I do not think that drug testing a a violation of any ones rights. If you want government assistance then don't do drugs. If you want to use, then pay for your own medical bills.
- When do they test for drugs during pregnancy doctor visits? Or what do they do?
- A: They don't do drug tests unless you have admitted to using. You don't have to consent to testing. After the baby is born, there is certain criteria where they can test you or your baby without consent, such as if there was an unusually rapid labor, placental abruption in the absence of risk factors, etc. Each state has their own unique process or criteria for testing.At your doc appointments when they collect urine they are dipping a strip in it to see if you are putting protein out in the urine, which trace amounts are normal during pregnancy but more than that could be one of the indicators of preeclampsia. A drug test would never be performed on your without your knowledge, even if they don't have to get consent after birth they still have to inform you it's being performed.
- Does anyone know what blood test are done during pregnancy in Iowa?
- Q: Do Drs do blood drug test on pregnant women in Iowa. I am writing a paper on drugs and they effect they have on pregnancy and am talking about what states test during pregnancy and what states test after delivery. I have alot of friends who say they were not tested., but when I did a google search I found tons of pages saying that it is mandatory. If anyone knows please answer.I meant do they do blood drug test during pregnancy
- A: Doctors do blood tests on all pregnant women. But as far as blood drug tests during pregnancy I've never heard of that. But pregnant women should not be doing drugs or drinking while pregnant in the first place.
Prev Question: What causes ovary cancer
People also view