Can your thyroid affect you getting pregnant
Yes it does. If you are pregnant or are thinking about becoming pregnant, ask your doctor if you need a thyroid test. This is especially true if you or a family member has a history of thyroid problems or conditions related to thyroid disorders. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-your-thyroid-affect-you-getting-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Can your thyroid affect you getting pregnant"
- Does having thyroid affect getting pregnant?
- There are definite links to thyroid issues and fertility. A quick search on our site turned up these articles, which discuss it: . There are likely others in our community who have first-hand experience with this. com <. Redmond Editor-I...
- Can thyroid disease affect getting pregnant?
- Incorrect thyroid hormone levels can definitely affect your ability to conceive and carry to term, as well as the growth and development of the fetus (if you are able to carry to term) and the growth and development of the baby after birth....
- Does thyroid problem affects getting pregnant?
- yes. it can make it difficult to get pregnant and or sustain a pregnancy. the thyroid excretes hormones, definitely effecting that. In early pregnancy, the body secretes a hormone known as human chorionic gonadotrophin or HCG. Because HCG i...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- By not taking synthroid medicine for almost a week and a half, can it hurt you?
- Q: With having a low thyroid, and cold turky stopped taking your thyroid medicine, what are the affects? And can stop taking the medicine create a better chance to get pregnant ? When the thyroid meds could be the reason of not having a cycle every month.
- A: I have a medical condition that requires me to take Synthroid and two kinds of cortisone. Because I have no medical insurance and can't always afford the meds, I can't always buy them. For the first few days you don't feel anything, then you start feeling bad and eventually you are back to like when you didn't get treatment at all. And finally you will have serious health problems.You shouldn't really get off the meds without talking to a doctor. About getting pregnant, talk to an endocrinological gynecologist, he/she will know what you can do.
- Have you done your H1N1 (Swine Flu) shot research? Read this.....?
- Q: My bf did research on a article....kinda long but important, just do a quick read and you see the important parts!!! Excerpts from TORONTO STAR article: Pregnant women will get a shot of Aussie H1N1 vaccineOctober 27, 2009 OTTAWA–Pregnant women will be able to get an alternative version of the H1N1 vaccine by early next week.The Australian imports do not contain adjuvant – a substance added to the vaccine to stretch supply and boost immunity. (YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF, WHY CAN'T ALL OF OUR VACCINES BE OF THIS KIND?)The adjuvant used in most of the 50.4 million doses being produced by GlaxoSmithKline Inc. at its plant in Ste. Foy, Que., is a mixture of squalene (derived from fish oil), tocopherol (containing vitamin E) and an emulsifier called polysorbate. (SO WHAT ARE THEY NOT TELLING US? WELL LETS DO OUR OWN LITTLE RESEARCH. LET'S LOOK BELOW Sweden's Karolinska Institute found that on injection, an "otherwise benign molecule like squalene can stimulate a self-destructive immune response," even though it occurs naturally in the body. Other research shows that squalene is the experimental anthrax vaccine ingredient that caused devastating autoimmune diseases and deaths for many Gulf War veterans from the US, UK, and Australia, yet it continues in use today and for new vaccines development in labs. Other autoimmune diseases are also linked to humans injected with squalene. "... squalene-based adjuvants can induce autoimmune diseases in animals...observed in mice, rats, guinea pigs and rabbits. -Micropaleontologist Dr. Viera Scheibner conducted research into the adverse effects of adjuvants in vaccines and wrote: Squalene "contributed to the cascade of reactions called "Gulf War syndrome. (GIs developed) arthritis, fibromyalgia, lymphadenopathy, rashes, photosensitive rashes, malar rashes, chronic fatigue, chronic headaches, abnormal body hair loss, non-healing skin lesions, aphthous ulcers, dizziness, weakness, memory loss, seizures, mood changes, neuropsychiatric problems, anti-thyroid effects, anaemia, elevated ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), systemic lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis, ALS, Raynaud's phenomenon, Sjorgren's syndrome, chronic diarrhea, night sweats and low-grade fever." The Washington Post also confirmed that the H1N1 flu vaccine l contains the mercury derivative thiomersal, a toxin linked with autism and neurological disorders.The swine flu shot ingredients also include formaldehyde, a known carcinogen, and Polysorbate 80, a preservative which causes infertility in mice.-polysorbateIt is toxic and should not be eaten, drunk, put on the skin or injected.Polysorbate 80 is a ubiquitously used solubilizing agent that can cause severe nonimmunologic anaphylactoid reactions."Put in plain English, polysorbate 80 can affect your immune system and cause severe anaphylactic shock which can kill.THIS IS ONLY THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG OF REAL PROFFESIONAL RESEARCHALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS A LITTLE RESEARCH YOURSELF AND YOU'LL GET THE TRUTHso do you really want to drink the kool-aid now?SO my question is...how many people are planning to get this shot without knowing what is in it? What are your thoughts on the shot?Thanks everyone!Anything AFTER the LOOK BELOW is outside research not from the article, the article tells you that it is safe, yet research can show otherwise.
- A: You have been mislead by the anti-vaccine propoganda machine. With their half-truths and inflammatory language they have been deceiving the public for too long. I also think you need to reconsider your use of the phrase "real professional research".Were you aware that vaccines that don't contain adjuvants have to have far more toxin (antigen) in them than vaccines that have adjuvants? We use adjuvants to be able to provide a vaccine with less toxin and still get the same immune response. Why can't all our vaccines be like that? There is the answer.The studies you mention are being taken completely out of context and many of them cannot be applied to the presence of these substances in vaccines. (I checked up on your sources..ps. The Karolinska Institute thesis where the info was derived from does not say what you say it does...it is being horribly misinterpreted by people without a scientific knowledge base) It's like providing someone with the toxicity information of formaldehyde in mass quantities (it can cause this and that and do this....ooooh it's so scary) and talk about that in relation to vaccines that MAY contain microscopic traces of formaldehyde in them, and ignoring the fact that an infant has 10x more formaldehyde coursing through his/her veins produced as a metabolic intermediary than could be found in 10 vaccines. Do you see how this information is easy to misconstrue? Formaldehyde that may be present in some vaccines cannot cause cancer. Why is there formaldehyde traces in vaccines.....they prevent bacterial and viral contamination. Before the inclusion of formaldehyde in the production process (again only trace elements of it are left, if any at all, in the final vaccine product).....people died from bacterial contamination of vaccines. The only people at risk are those who are allergic to formaldehyde and I have not heard reference in the literature to this allergy being common.This is one of the main tactics behind the propganda machine. Twisting things and using studies out of context, or using studies that are not scientifically sound and have not been peer-reviewed. And, the general public is not informed enough to be able to be critical of the information and so are easily mislead by the lies and inflammatory languageSaying that squalene was responsible, or even "contributed to the cascade" with deaths/illness in Gulf War veterans who received Anthrax vaccinations is patently untrue and completely innacurate. There have been no deaths caused by squalene in vaccinations. A micropaleontologist provided that gem of a quote, I see. Are you aware of what a micropaleontologist is? Hint hint: paleontology is the study of the forms of life existing in prehistoric or geologic times, as represented by the fossils of plants, animals, and other organisms. She sounds super-qualified to be doing research on vaccines! Saying that squalene in vaccines has induced autoimmune diseases (they are referring to arthritis which is an AI disease) happened when the mineral oil was applied generously to the exterior of these animals' mucosal membranes in quantities so much larger than what would be contained in a vaccine.....again with the twisting..... Oh, and ANY foreign substance can cause severe anaphylaxis if you are allergic to it.....but in the context of what you were writing it makes it seem like it is common and very scary. Squalene has not, to my knowledge, ever been associated with allergies in large amounts of people (or even a smallish number of people) And PLEASE, mentioning the "link" between autism and other neurological disorders......which is again, hogwash. No link has ever been established. And how is information on this being twisted by the anti-vaccine propaganda machine?. Check out the difference between methyl mercury and ethyl mercury...one of which is a possible ingredient in some vaccines and the other (VERY DIFFERENT) chemical is what causes environmental neourological disorders when a person is exposed for a lengthy time. Often when the anti-vaccine propaganda machine uses information about mercury...they forget to tell people the information they are providing is for a completely different chemical. Ethyl mercury (thimerosal) has been shown to clear the body very quickly. Methyl mercury (not used in vaccines, but found in some industrial workplaces) is a chemical that our body's cannot clear quickly and which result in long term exposure. We know, conclusively, that mercury causes brain damage only through long term exposure. Ethyl vs. methyl.....didn't see you talk about that in your post. The link does not exist.And now to address polysorbate 80. Polysorbate 80 is an emulsifier and solubilizer that is used in MANY foods (including ice cream) and is used in MANY medications that are given using an IV. Ever had IV meds before? In conclusion, your data is bogus and at the very least, taken completely out of context. The real professional research you have done has been to visit websites created by the anti-vaccine propaganda machine and taken the bait hook, line, and sinker.My problem with your posting has to do with the fact that you are passing on the lies and misinformation that will end up causing more deaths and anguish. That is dangerous, unethical, and egregious. Please stop spreading lies.
- Endometriosis? Ovarian cysts? Whats your opinion?
- Q: Okay...well,i am 7 days late for my period and lately i have been having these terrible terrible shooting pains in th vagina/abdomen...I honestly (brace yourself) feels like someone is taking a screw driver and stabbing me up my "hole" and it makes me stop everything i am doing and hurts SOOOO bad that i just want to cry.I have experienced these pains before but they last less than a day and usually only happen every 20 minutes...these pains lasted two days and were almost every 5 minutes..very painful..I also get pains like this sometimes when having sex, they are sharp pains from the inside of my vagina and shoot up my abdomen to my lower stomach...I also suffer from chronic and terrible headaches and attend a neurologist currently and no one can figure out where the headaches are coming from...I am currently on birth control (apri)I thought i was pregnant this month because i was having some lower back pain, cramping, nipples hurt badlyand this past week i had a horrible cold or sinus infection or something...it lasted about 7 days...i tested 3 times and all the HPT's came back negative so i didnt think i pregnant..I called my mom up to ask her what she thought was up and she really scared me saying that Endometriosis has affected her and her sister. (when my mom was diagnosed, they didnt know what was exactly wrong with her but found something and told her she wouldnt have children, never actually said "you have endo") but my aunt had it and she had her uterus removed im thinking...my mom said it was only a half removal..She also said she had ovarian cysts and just had horrible female problems and was told she was infertile before she had my brother and i. She also has lupus and thyroid problems..my grandma (her mom) also had fertility problems...I am getting ahold of the doctor tomorrow to schedule an appointment but im just curious...what are these symptoms linked to if any?Thank you to everyone who answers!
- A: Hi dear, This is TTC. I thought you could be pregnant. But dont worry dear, nothing to worry much. One of my friend was having this problem. She was also on birth control pills, later she has been diagnosed with ovarian cyst. Its getting diagnosed with sonography where they detect this cyst. There could be one or multiple cysts. She had mutiple cysts. Which were big as 12mm. So doctor adviced her surgery. She went through the surgery. Dont worry these surgeries are not harmful. Now technology is so advanced that you dont even realise the pains. Now she is absolutely fine and doctor said that you can conceive at any time you want. Even I was having that problem. Mine were multiple cysts but very small onces. So I have taken Homeopathic treatment and lots of prayer for womb. They all went away with medicines and prayers. Then I conceived immediately after 1 months after those little cyst gone. Because of those cysts I was not getting regular periods, lots of pains during menses, problem in conception (thats because those cysts consume all energy in your womb and they take everything from your womb which is necessary for its growth without allowing the foetus to grow even though you will stay pregnant-----this is what my doctor told me). So let me tell you dont worry. You wanted a baby. So take doctors advice on what to do. Do let me know the progress. I will pray for you. Take care. God bless you.
Prev Question: Is it possible to still have or get your period when pregnant
People also view