Can you still get pregnant if you haven't had a period in a year
Ovulation can occur suddenly after an extended absence of a period. Pregnancy is possible, but not likely. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-still-get-pregnant-if-you-haven%27t-had-a-period-in-a-year ]
More Answers to "Can you still get pregnant if you haven't had a period in a year"
- Can you still get pregnant if you havent had a period in a year??
- If you haven't had a period in a year from birth control you may not get pregnant right away. Normally they say after stopping birth control it takes up to 6 months. I would say yes it is possible. I haven't had my period in well over a yea...
- Can you still get pregnant if your haven't had a period for over ...?
- it depends on why you aren't getting the period. Assuming you are young and youre not in menapause, then the question is why don't you have periods. If you have some desease, or if you have low body fat (meaning you are very skinny probably...
- Can I still get pregnant if I haven't had a period in over a year...?
- the chance of conception after a year of no period really is rather low. Not impossible but really really low. You need to be ovulating in order to get pregnant. Upon ovulation you should expect your period to arrive around 14 days after ov...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- can you get pregnant from boyfriend's finger with wiped-off pre-cum on it?
- Q: I'll be fifteen in two weeks,My period last started on the 16th of January, and would have finished around the 23rd.I've only had my period for just under two years, and I'm generally a bit irregular.It's now the 25th February,And in between now and around the 23rd of Feb(most likely around the first two weeks since 23rd), my boyfriend and I were fooling around..I was giving him a hand job, he didn't actually finish but he did have pre-cum.The thing is that he was very paranoid about me getting pregnant from it, and I kept telling him it wont happen, but he was still pretty nervous. I remember him washing his hands at one point, and at another point he just wiped it...You can make judgements on the situation but keep them to yourself as it doesn't change the situation..But it's been a bit less than a month, and I've been told that stressing can stop my period from coming which is what i've been doing all this week, And i've done a bit of research, a lot of stuff say different things like sperm die when it hits air, that it can swim into my vulva, all different things.And so my final question is,If your boyfriend pre-cums and gets it on his fingers, whipes it off, then fingers you, and you haven't got your period since a bit more than a month ago,could you be pregnant, and why?A SOURCE would be nice, I know you may think you know information but ifyou got it from a good website where doctors write stuff or something, then I'd feel a lot more comfortable.Thanks.
- A: Sperm only can survive a few seconds when exposed to air. The link below is a situation similar to yours. And yes, if you're worried about it, your period could be late due to stress. Just don't worry about it. Good luck.
- I haven't had a period since I quit taking my birth control in August 2005, can I still get pregnant??
- Q: I stopped taking my birth control last August and my period stopped too. I went to my doctor and he said it was normal to do that when you stop taking birth control. He gave me pills to take every other month so that I would have a period. He said on the months that I didn't take the pills, it would give my body a chance have a period on it's own. It never happened. He said within a year my period should come back normally. He never mentioned anything about pregnancy. I only took those pills until March 2006, and I haven't had a period since. My husband & I are trying to have a baby, I have had many of the symptoms for the past month but all the tests I take are neg. I want to go to the doctor but I can't afford to right now, so I just wondered if it is possible for me to even get pregnant.....or am I just wanting to so bad that I feel like I'm pregnant.Actually I can afford to go to the doctor I just wanted more of people's opinion rather than everyone telling me to go to the doctor. I really appreciate the input..
- A: I did not have my period for a year and I got pregnant. I did not know I was because I never missed a period to know any better. I had to go to the doctor to get tested. When I found out I was I was shocked because I was 3 months.If you can't afford it right now you can go to a planned parenthood. They only charge according to your income. sometimes it is even free. good luck.
- Can I be pregnant if I stopped the pill but still haven't resumed having my period?
- Q: I took a pregnancy test not to long ago and it said I wasn't pregnant, but now I'm 3 weeks late...I stopped my pill about a month and a half ago, and I have had unprotected sex since then with my boyfriend, could the test just not have picked it up yet? Or could it just be that my pill screwed up my cycle? I've been on birth control for almost 5 years but on and off, the last pill I was on I was on it for 6 months. Also, if you're not getting your period, how probable is it that you're ovulating?Thank you in advance for all your help!
- A: Any time you stop taking the pill, your chances for getting pregnant are higher for awhile(they increase) and yes you very well could be, It is very common for OTC pregnancy tests to not work accurately till you are about 6-8 weeks along anyway.
Prev Question: Can a 12 yearold get a girl pregnant
People also view