Can you have cough drops when pregnant
Yes. For Cough, these are on several doctors pregnancy safe list: Cough drops: Halls, Vicks, or lemon drops, Robitussin DM. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-have-cough-drops-when-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Can you have cough drops when pregnant"
- Can i take cough drops while pregnant?
- Yes, pregnant women can take most over the counter cough drops. While it is not advised to eat a whole bag in one sitting, they are great to help suppress a nasty cough. Ask your doctor for a list of approved medications for pregnant women.
- Is it okay to take cough drops while pregnant?
- I was sick at the beginning of this pregnancy and both the Dr. and the pharmacist said no to any cough drops. You should be able to take some Tylenol or Sudafed which should help with the sore throat. Also you can try a humidifier.
- Are halls cough drops safe during pregnancy?
- If you have a doubt here are a few simple safe home remedies that will help to overcome cough. Have honey in a hot drink before bed time.Use a infusion of ginger thrice a day. Suck a whole clove without chewing it to soothe a cough. Apples ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can you use cough drops when pregnant?
- Q: Hi, I was just wondering if you can use cough drops when you are pregnant. I am 29 weeks along, and I have a bad cough, along with some other not so nice symptoms, and since I cant take anything for it, I was hoping that I could at least use cough drops. They are the Halls fruit breezers, NON-mentholated Pectin ones. My husband called the halls company and they didnt give him a straight answer. So, does anybody know if these are safe?? Thank you!
- A: yes the halls fruit breezers are very good if you are pregnant. any of the cough drops that contain pectin instead of menthol are the ones you can use. always use the non-mentholated ones when pregnant or breastfeeding
- What can you take for a cold when your pregnant?
- Q: I'm 9 weeks, and tomorrow will be my first Dr. appt so I haven't gotten a chance to ask about all this. I know I can take Tylenol but what cold medicine is safe to take? I have a sore throat, a little bit of body aches.So I've been eating cough drops and drinking hot cocoa.
- A: Here are four common cold medications that most doctors say you can keep in your medicine cabinet (but, of course, talk to your own health care provider just to be sure): TylenolAcetaminophen (Tylenol is the brand name) is your safest choice for aches, pains, and fevers. It's been proven safe for pregnant women.SudafedPseudoephedrine, the active ingredient in Sudafed, is a common decongestant and is generally considered safe during pregnancy.RobitussinGuifenesen, the active ingredient in plain Robitussin, liquefies mucous to ease painful, dry coughs and makes it easier for you to cough up the mucous. It's considered safe to take in pregnancy.
- Why do colds hit so much more often and so much worse when you are pregnant?
- Q: I get colds easy as it is but I'm 23 weeks pregnant today and am on my 2nd or 3rd cold already in the past month.. When I get colds I have no energy from head to toe, I lose much of my appetite, and feel like I just can't get enough sleep. I already take medication for an anxiety disorder because I wasn't eating and was losing weight, so I don't like to take medication for my colds, can I use vapor rub and cough drops or should I just lay in bed all day and drink lots of water? I'm tired of being miserable. :( Thanks..
- A: Because your immune system weakens during pregnancy. Your baby is relying on your body to keep it healthy. Babies use up all of the vitamins your body is carrying. This is why you have prenatal pills. But Its becoming an issue talk to you doctor.
Prev Question: If you have your period can you become pregnant
People also view