Can you go to the dentist while your pregnant
Yes, you can see a dentist while pregnant. You should, however, inform them of the pregnancy so they will know what to do! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-go-to-the-dentist-while-your-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Can you go to the dentist while your pregnant"
- CAN YOU GO TO THE DENTIST WHILE PREGNANT?
- I went to the dentist while I was pregnant. You can have most things done. As long as they know you are pregnant and they are conscientious about what they do to you that could potentially affect the baby you can have most simple procedures...
- Is it safe to go to the dentist while pregnant?
- yes, it is safe and often necessary just tell the dentist that you are pregnant (but awt 34 weeks,he'll know) in fact pregnancy often exacerbates dental problems due to hormonal issues and calcium demands,plus infections in the gums may be ...
- Why is it important to go to dentist while pregnant
- Good dental hygiene is so important during pregnancy b/c the baby uses all sorts of calcium, even that from your teeth!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Dentist while pregnant> Is it really necessary and when is the best time?
- Q: I know my mouth is normally healthy, and I was especially going to avoid the dentist while pregnant because I know X-Rays aren't good, and still pose a risk even with the guard on your belly. Can someone give me some advice to help me make a decision or tell me what you did? Thanks
- A: The X-rays used in modern dental offices are many times less than were used only a few years ago. With proper shielding, such as the lead apron, you will not receive enough x-rays to be harmful to you or your developing baby. Be sure to tell the dentist that you are pregnant and they will not do any x-rays unless they absolutely need them. Barring any unusual problems, you may keep your dental appointments just the same as when you are not pregnant. Good dental hygiene is equally important if not more so during pregnancy. As long as your dentist knows that you are pregnant, they will take all precautions to protect your baby.
- Can I get a root canal while pregnant? Please give answers!?
- Q: Is it true that if your pregnant you cant go to the dentist? Why is that? I just found out I'm pregnant and I have a root canal that needs to be finished. What do I do?
- A: you are supposed to go to the dentist, but they will know when they can give you novacain and when they can't. i had to have a filling and was able to have it done because i was in the second trimester. you may just have to wait until then. call your dentist or even your doc and find out.
- Can I get dental work and eye exams while pregnant?
- Q: I recently got all of my insurances together, and we are going to start trying for baby #2 next month. I wanted to get a good eye exam because I heard you shouldn't update your prescription while pregnant, because your vision can temporarily change while pregnant. I also wanted to get a good dental exam, cleaning, xrays, cavities filled, etc., because I heard you can't get some of that done while pregnant. Is it just the xrays that you can't do while pregnant? I'm starting to panic here because neither the eye doctor nor the dentist can get me in for an appointment for almost a month! Any advice on what I should really push to get done before getting pregnant, what I can do while pregnant, or what might have to wait until after I have the baby? Thanks!
- A: It's better not to get any x-rays or dental treatment outside regular cleanings while pregnant unless it's an emergency or you are in pain. Your vision can change during pregnancy, sometimes temporarily and sometimes permanently. You answered your own question for the vision.I would recommend getting your dental treatment completed before trying to get pregnant since you have the opportunity.
Prev Question: What are the lyrics for stevie wonders eyes only by bring me the horizon
People also view