Can you get pregnant 12 days after a period
Yes. You have the most chance of getting pregnant right before ovulation. Ovulation usually takes place 14 days after your period. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-get-pregnant-12-days-after-a-period ]
More Answers to "Can you get pregnant 12 days after a period"
- Can you get pregnant 12 days after your period has ended on a 32 ...?
- The egg hits the fallopian tubes about 14 days into a menstrual cycle but it depends on your personal cycle.
- Can I get pregnant 12 days after my period?
- definitely could be pregnant. u may have had sex 2 days before ovulation but sperm can live for up to 3 days, it gives them time to get to where they are going, so it could be a case of perfect timing
- Can a girl get pregnant 12 days after her period??
- Yes in fact most of the time you ovulate 14 days after your period or before your next one and 12 days is pretty close. Sometimes you release an egg at a weird time and some women have gotten pregnant while on their period. Sperm lives insi...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I know the best time to concieve is like 12 or 14 days after your period, but can you get pregnant any time?
- Q: I just want to know if you can get pregnant like a week before your period. Or if you only get pregnant like a week after your period. I am confused. please help!
- A: What is ovulation?Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary. It usually occurs regularly, around day 14 of a 28-day menstrual cycle. Once released, the egg is capable of being fertilized for 12 to 48 hours before it begins to disintegrate. This is the most fertile period of your cycle: during ovulation your chances of conception are highest.When does ovulation occur?Ovulation usually takes place 14 days after the beginning of your menstrual cycle. The time of ovulation within the menstrual cycle is determined by the luteal phase, which is usually 12 to 16 days long. You can calculate the time of ovulation within your cycle by subtracting the length of your luteal phase from the length of your cycle. For example, if your cycle is 28 days long and your luteal phase is 12 days long, the ovulation will occur on day 16 of your cycle (28-12=16). The exact time of ovulation may vary within your cycle, because ovulation can be delayed by a number of factors such as stress, illness, diet, or increased physical activity.How does ovulation determine my fertile days?Your fertile period starts about 4-5 days before ovulation, and ends about 24-48 hours after it. This is because sperm can live in your body for approximately 4 to 5 days, and the egg can live for 24 to 48 hours after being released. You are most fertile on the day before and the day of ovulation. Knowing your fertile days can help you increase your chances of getting pregnant, or avoid an unwanted pregnancy. Read Ovulation and Pregnancy and Ovulation and Contraception for more information.How do I calculate my fertile days using Ovulation Calendar?Ovulation Calendar calculates your fertile days based on your menstrual cycle data. To use Ovulation Calendar you need to enter the first day of your last period, the length of your menstrual cycle, and the length of your luteal phase if you know it. Based on these data, Ovulation Calendar generates your personal daily fertility chart showing the fertile days in green:Read these topics to learn how Ovulation Calendar can help you:Avoiding pregnancyGetting pregnantConceiving a boyConceiving a girlCan I feel ovulation?You may experience lower abdominal discomfort, a slight rise in body temperature, and changes in cervical mucus during ovulation. Prior to ovulation, your cervical mucus is cloudy and thicker, and a few days before ovulation it becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy like raw egg whites. Immediately following ovulation, your body temperature can increase by 0.4 to 1.0 degrees Fahrenheit. About 20% of women feel discomfort or pain in their lower abdomen as the egg leaves the ovary. This condition is known as 'mittelschmerz', and it usually lasts from a few minutes to several hours.What happens in my body during ovulation?The process of ovulation is triggered by the release of Luteinizing Hormone (LH). The levels of this hormone increase significantly about 1-2 days before ovulation, causing the egg to be released from the ovary (this increase is known as the 'LH surge'). The egg travels down the fallopian tube towards the uterus. If fertilization does not occur within 24 to 48 hours after ovulation, the egg disintegrates and is expelled with the uterus lining at the start of your next period, usually 12-16 days later. If fertilization occurs, the egg implants itself in the lining of the uterus and begins its growth, resulting in a pregnancy.
- Is it possible to get pregnant 2 days after your period ends?
- Q: I had a one night stand no protection...my stupidity...2 days after my period...its been almost 2 weeks? Ive been tired but im not sure if its work and the heat.....Can you get pregnantMy period lasted 12 days
- A: You can get pregnant any day of the month. You had a 12-day period? Then had sex on the 14th day of the cycle? Sounds to me like you hit it on the most fertile day possible -- middle of the cycle.
- Can a blood test tell if you are pregnant 12 days after ovulation?
- Q: I am going tomorrow to get a blood test done to see if I am pregnant. First day of my last period was roughly the 28th of April meaning I should have ovulated around the 10th of May.. which tomorrow would be 12 days ago. I was wondering if a blood test would show up positive if I am pregnant 12 days after ovulation.. it'd put me at about 3 1/2 weeks pregnant.
- A: Yes. In fact, a blood test may be the only way to determine pregnancy at 12 days post ovulation. But, it depends on the type of blood test they give you. On is a simple yes/no test that gives its answer based on a certain level of HCG. This test is sometimes wrong because the base level of HCG it looks for is not there yet. The other blood test gives you an exact number which a doctor can interpret to determine if the HCG level is elevated or raising.
Prev Question: Can a girl get pregnant if she is on birth control and takes it everyday and at the same time
People also view