Can the depo shot kill a baby
There have been cases where a woman got the Depo Provera shot and didn't know she was pregnant, it won't kill a healthy embryo. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-the-depo-shot-kill-a-baby ]
More Answers to "Can the depo shot kill a baby"
- Can the depo shot kill a baby?
- I'll let you know my sister's story. She went into pre-term labor at 5 months along. She had a baby boy who survived 3 days out the womb, but the hospital let him die (yes there was an investigation) anyways they gave her the Depo shot th...
- Can a depo shot kill or harm a baby?
- The plain truth is yes that there could be a problem were the baby was harmed, but not a certainty that anything will be wrong. There is always a risk when the baby is exposed to any type of drug (pharmaceuticals included) and the true effe...
- When taking the depo shot, if you get pregnant could your baby be...?
- If a woman becomes pregnant while using Depo Provera, there may be an increased risk of premature birth or birth defects. ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- can the depo shot kill a baby?
- Q: my sister got the depo shot and didn't ask for a P/T and now she also worried she might be pregnant.. so please answer this 'were freaking out
- A: I'll let you know my sister's story. She went into pre-term labor at 5 months along. She had a baby boy who survived 3 days out the womb, but the hospital let him die (yes there was an investigation) anyways they gave her the Depo shot the day after she gave birth. Well she never went for her follow up shots because she never wanted the shot in the first place.Anyways a year later she got pregnant again, but this time she had a missed miscarriage. Her baby died at 7 weeks in the womb, but didn't expel itself for until week 10 of her pregnancy. We were all certain that this was caused by the Depo shot. Its a very powerful form of birth control. I was advised by a doctor not to get it because I have irregular periods.So yes Depo can kill a baby, but I have a friend who got pregnant on it (she wasn't trying) after using Depo and condoms as her form of birth control for 4 years. She carried to term and had her healthy baby boy January 14, 2009.Your sister needs to contact the clinic she went to and request a pregnancy test. Depo can stop the development of the fetus resulting in miscarriage.
- can a depo shot kill or harm a baby?
- Q: okay so my gf is pregnant(about 4weeks in. when she shud be getting her period nd she missed it) nd her parents didnt know that when they went to go get her depo shot nd some other shot to prevent nd kill stds.(she lied and said she had her period to her doctor) when she told me she got a depo shot i couldnt stop crying. so me and her called her doctor nd she said that people accidently do this all the time nd that they specialize in babies nd it wont harm the baby. she said she asked two other doctors also... so my mom called her doctor nd they said that,that isnt good nd the baby cud come out retarted nd handicap... i believe she only asked one doctor... im just wanna know if anyone knows or expierence this nd can give me n answer to this question can a depo shot kill or harm a baby?
- A: The plain truth is yes that there could be a problem were the baby was harmed, but not a certainty that anything will be wrong. There is always a risk when the baby is exposed to any type of drug (pharmaceuticals included) and the true effects of such are not all researched and known. This doesn't mean that your baby will have a problem though. A woman's body has many defenses that protect the baby especially in the early stages before a woman might know she was pregnant. The only thing you can do now is do everything healthy and normal. Stay away from any other type of drugs, take prenatal vitamins, stay off of caffeine, avoid fish, lunch meats, soft cheeses, alcohol, and peanuts. You can't change what has already happened, just make better choices now. Everything will probably be okay and you shouldn't worry about anything that you can't control now. Around 20 weeks the doctors will do extensive testing looking for genetic mutations and any possible birth effects. This will also be when you have the ultrasound to find out the gender of the baby. So its a scary and exciting time. Just be patient and supportive and relax! Good luck and congratulations!
- Can i be pregnant while on the depo shot orrrr....?
- Q: Ok so i went into the doctors and got a shot but about for a month before i got the shot i was feeling nausea all the time, i had headaches, back pain, ankles hurts, and i always had a sharp pain in my abdomen, well i went in didnt tell them i was feeling lk that no big deal and the gave me a pregnancy test the gave me a shot right after that but i was not on my period they said it will do the same thing as if i was on my period. does it work the same if you are on or off your period? but now as the days go on all my pains get worse could i be pregnant and if i were and i got the shot would it kill the baby and they didnt tell me if my test was positive or negative help mee please
- A: If the test came up positive they would not have given you the shot. I had a friend that took that shot, and she had the same pains. The shot apparently triggered an infection that she had long-had in her stomache. You need to go see a doctor about those pains. You could be having problems. But you are not pregnant they would never have given you that shot, because yes, it would intervene with the baby if you were ALREADY pregnant taking the shot.BUT, the shot is not 100%. If you got pregnant while on the shot, it would not hurt the baby. But if you have had sex since, go take a test, and talk to a doctor. Either way you need to see a doctor.
Prev Question: How can you tell if a mouse is pregnant
People also view