Can pregnant women eat crab legs
While pregnant, a woman should avoid eating bottom feeding fish such as crabs, tuna and salmon due to mercury intake. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-pregnant-women-eat-crab-legs ]
More Answers to "Can pregnant women eat crab legs"
- Pregnant women are advised to not eat ANY sort of seafood while pregnant due to the possibility of getting botulism or other types of bacteria that would be very harmful to the baby.
- Yes. Just not a lot of it.
- Yes why not
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- can pregnant women eat crab legs?
- A: LOL! Why not? We maritimers grow up on sea food from birth.
- Can pregnant women eat shrimp and crab legs?
- A: Yes pregnant women can but not in large amounts because of mercury. That goes for all fish.
- What is tile fish and why can't pregnant women eat it?
- Q: Are crab legs safe for pregnant women to eat?Where would I come across tilefish? I live in the midwest-it's not something I'm going to run across by accident is it?
- A: shark swordfish king mackerel tilefish These types of fish may contain high levels of mercury, which can cause damage to the developing brain of a fetus. When you choose seafood, eat a variety of fish and shellfish and limit the amount to about 12 ounces per week - that's about two meals. Also, when you're eating canned tuna, you may want to choose light tuna, which has less mercury than canned white tuna. You should eat no more than 6 ounces per week of canned albacore or white tuna. tilefishThe tilefish is sometimes referred to by names such as golden bass or golden snapper. It is olive green or dark tan above, changing to yellow or rose on the lower sides. The back and upper sides are dotted with brilliant yellow spots, and the belly is white. The tilefish is further characterized by a fleshy protuberance on its back, just in from the dorsal fin, which looks like a miniature rudder balanced on its head. Although this species can reach 50 pounds, tilefish are usually marketed at 4-8 pounds.
Prev Question: Can yu get AIDS from your parents
People also view