Can pregnant people go sledding
Women who are pregnant should not go sledding they may get injured and also hurt the baby. Keep on doing the ChaCha. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-pregnant-people-go-sledding ]
More Answers to "Can pregnant people go sledding"
- Can pregnant people go sledding
- Women who are pregnant should not go sledding they may get injured and also hurt the baby. Keep on doing the ChaCha.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- 29 weeks 3 days pregnant. Can I go snow sledding at an elevation of 1000+ meters ?
- Q: My husband wants to take our kids, and me, sledding today on a special mountain. It is -12C where I live and is usually at least 5 degrees colder up there. I dont normally feel well at levels of high elevation either. Getting in and out of the car is a hassle for me too so Im not so sure about hopping ona sled and then dragging my pregnant self back up the big hill to do it again. And the thought of other people/kids being there scares me. What if someone runs into me knocks me down? It could hurt the baby! On top of it all, I went to the doc about 1 1/2 weeks ago because of shortness of breath and back pain. He said there was a "blockage" in my spine making it painful to breath and causing the shortness of breath. I still have it. I would love to go out with the family and see the kids loving the snow but Im not sure its a good idea. And I dont know what to tell my husband about why I dont want to or why I cant go.Is it even safe to go sledding and at such a high elevation during pregnancy? (29+3weeks)How can I tell my husband without disappointing him and the kids? (They are 7 and 19 months)
- A: The cold shouldn't be an issue, but you said that you normally don't feel well at high altitudes then this is already looking like a bad idea. Your normal reaction to altitude coupled with the blockage in your spin and difficulty breathing is not a good combination. You also shouldn't be sledding at this stage in your pregnancy, if you were in the first trimester then it may be okay, but your now visibly pregnant and your belly is vulnerable. Your center of gravity is also off and you could lose your balance and slip and fall climbing on and off the sled. You also said you don't feel comfortable doing this, and I'm a big believer in listening to your gut on matters such as these. Tell your husband that sledding isn't advisable by doctors during this stage of pregnancy. Site this website to him http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,8154,00.html. Tell him that you'd love to go, but you think it would be better to wait until after you have the baby, then you can go sledding all you want.
- Holy Sh!t, Help Please?
- Q: Someone stole my girlfriend. The asshole ran in, punched me in the face, picked up my already unconscious girlfriend and ran out. I was way too high to do anything but the next thing I know I'm chasing this guy who has slung my girl over his shoulder and we are running in the street at 1:30 am while it's raining lightly. I catch up and as I am jogging next to him, I realize its a buddy of mine who at the party tried for his first time, a line of coke. So, we are both running alongside each other, shoeless, with me trying to talk some sense into him. But all i get in reply is "Not now goddammit, I'm driving." Obviously he is high as a ****ing kite. Eventually I find out we are running in goddamn circles and that my gf is waking up. Not wanting to explain this bizarre situation, I hide behind a tree. She screams and he lets go. She falls, he continues running. I arrive all apologetic like "wtf happened? are you okay?" So me and my girlfriend go back to Jason's party were we go upstairs. Everything is great and after some medicinal ecstasy I prepare for sleep, but then the goddamn buddy of mine bursts in again, punches my fiancee in the face, and tries to pick me up. I yell "Goddamit Matt, get the **** off me, or so help me God, I will skull**** your children." He then screams something about Zion, passes out and drops me. Then, as i attempt to close the door my ex-gf, Gizelle pulls my arm and tries to make out among other things. She is too drunk and I lead her downstairs where she passes out next to some idiot who somehow got his head stuck in some Venetian blinds. As I walk upstairs, I look up to find that someone has taken a mattress and decided to use it as a sled on the stairs. 5 lunatics yell: "Whoo!" as they accelerate down the stairs toward me. I realize that I am fycked as I receive their collective inertia which propels me into a group of people who are trying to make a human pyramid. After 20 minutes of collecting my thoughts and explaining to my best friend, Alex Carol, a jew, that Twilight was terrible and a sequel can only add to the world's sh!tiness surplus, I head upstairs. I finally fall next to my gf onto Jason's parent's bed frame as the mattress is missing, and fall asleep.The next morning, I wake up and there is a grand total of 4 girls, and 3 guys (myself included), sleeping on this mattress-less Queen-sized bed. My gf is on the floor and sleeping right next to me is Gizelle, naked except for a lamp shade she is using as a skirt. After we all woke up and dispersed to our respective houses, Gizelle calls me and tells me she's pregnant. What should I do? Should I tell my gf?Sorry if it's long
- A: omg... that is why I don't go to parties like that... wtf were you thinking?!
Prev Question: How long does it take before you start to show when yer pregnant
People also view