Can a doctors blood test tell you your pregnancy before a home pregnant test can
A blood test will show pregnancy sooner than a home pregnancy test. Blood tests can tell about 6 to 8 days after you ovulate. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-a-doctors-blood-test-tell-you-your-pregnancy-before-a-home-pregnant-test-can ]
More Answers to "Can a doctors blood test tell you your pregnancy before a home pregnant test can"
- Can a doctors blood test tell you your pregnancy before a home pr...?
- A blood test will show pregnancy sooner than a home pregnancy test. Blood tests can tell about 6 to 8 days after you ovulate.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- When would you tell that you're pregnant when your husband wants to before you do?
- Q: Last month 1/10, I had I guess a chemical pregnancy, positive hpt and then got my period a couple days later, I was devastated. Then on 2/5. lo and behold I get another positive test-confirmed independently by doctor's pee and blood test. I already had a scare because the first hcg blood test came back freakishly low, then totally normal 2 days later which made my doctor think the first lab messed up. She also put me on progesterone when she found out how short my cycles have become because she's afraid my luteal phase is too short. My husband and I work in the same office. I telecommute 3 days a week. Today he came home and mentioned he told someone at work I am pregnant. I have told a few people but I am trying to keep it quiet after what happened last time. He could tell I was upset with him and felt pretty bad about it, now I feel bad. He is just so excited to be having another baby, we told everyone when we were expecting my son and now I am all funny about it, Also my mom keeps saying I should not tell as if it will curse the fates. She wouldn;t even tell her sunday school class to pray for the baby, just say pray for Erin and Robert in their wishes to have another baby and said God would know what they meant. People at work etc are already noticing how horribly tired I am and can tell I don't feel good and are getting concerned.Any advice on the matter?
- A: i had a miscarriage last july and told everyone i was pregnant as soon as i found out, then had the miscarriage, i fealt terrible, especially that everyone knew and that i would have had to tell everyone the bad news. i fell pregnant again in October and told noone but a few close people until i was 13 weeks pregnant (because it's second trimester it's a lot less risky) now im 18 weeks and everythings fine. If you can just try and keep it as low key as possible util around then, i know it's an exciting time for you and good luck :)
- can you get pregnant the day before your menstrual period?
- Q: i had unprotected sex with one of my good friends on new years after one too many drinks. i started my period on january 2nd and it was a normal period for me lasting all 7 days and the same flow. i have a boyfriend now and me and him had sex for the first time jan 16th, which is 2 weeks after the first day of my last period. on feb 6th when i was expecting my next period i noticed i had spotting. i had very light bleeding for 2 days. 2 weeks later after i never started my period i took a home pregnancy test which came out positive. a few days later i went and got a blood test done and when the test results came back on feb 24th my doctor told me i was between 5 and 6 weeks which falls on the days me and my boyfriend first had sex.so i just need to know, do it sound more likely that im pregnant by my friend or my boyfriend?
- A: I am not an expert but it is highly unlikely that you could get pregnant from having intercourse on the before your period. It is more likely to get pregnant about a week or two after the last day of your period because that is when you are the most fertile.
- Why can't i get a positive test???have any of you gone through this????
- Q: Stick with me all this is going to be long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry in advance) September of 2006 I started visiting the ER, my gyno, and my primary doctor... Reasons for these visits were due to pelvic pain I was having on my left side...I missed my period so right away I thought I was pregnant. However after numerous test done by all three facilities on different days, times etc. (test meaning blood, urine, ultrasound, and pelvic exams). All came back to be negative!!!!Mid September came along and still I was in pain, not one doctor had an explanation for the pain I was having. They kept preforming test on me all still coming back negative for pregnancy. By October the pain was getting the best of me, so I went to see another gyno,he did a pelvic exam and said my uterus was soft then asked if i could be pregnant..I looked at him and was like i thought i was until all those test came back negative. He then sent me for blood work and well there it was almost eight weeks later i was pregnant..had another ultrasound done to confirm it i was for sure eight weeks along in my pregnancy.I had a healthy full term baby boy on May 11th, 2007... Now its July 2008 I once again missed my period....For the past three weeks now i have had symptoms as though i was pregnant...However we can only go by what test tell us and yet again i have gotten four urine test (two at home and two through the ER), three blood test (through the ER, and my primary), a CT scan, and an ultrasound...all of which came back negative..the only thing that came up was a shadow in the ct scan which can not be identified..however when the ultrasound was done nothing showed up..Im due to see a new gyno ( my last gyno retired fun for me huh lol) on Monday that was the soonest i could get in...My primary said i could be going through the something as i did with my last pregnancy..It's just very frustrating i wish i could just get a positive test result like others... Reason for me writing this novel was to see if any of you have gone through anything like this..It would be so comforting to know others have gone through this...that might seem so dramatic, but when you have been pregnant before and know how it feels to be, and you know most deff that you could be its awful to get negatives for so long..does that make any sense...thanks in advance for all your answers
- A: Well, everybody's body is different.I've got just one comment if you are pregnant.When you go to the doctor, be sure to mention the CT scan that was done. They won't x-ray pregnant women because of the effects of ionizing radiation has on the embryo/ fetus.Realize that one CT scan is equal in radiation strength to 200 abdominal x-rays. Be sure to mention that to your doctor.
Prev Question: Can a girl get pregnant before she starts her period
People also view