Can a cat be in heat while pregnant
A cat cannot be in heat while pregnant. In fact, one of the best symptoms of feline pregnancy is the fact that your cat has not gone into heat again. Thanks for doing the ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-a-cat-be-in-heat-while-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Can a cat be in heat while pregnant"
- Can a cat be in heat while she is pregnant?
- Though it's not the norm, it is possible for a cat who is well along in a pregnancy to go into heat. Cats can even become pregnant with a second litter during an existing pregnancy. When this occurs, kittens from both litters are typically ...
- Can a female cat go into heat while pregnant??
- Female cats are in heat for anywhere between 14-21 days. Their ovulation is also induced. This means that they do not release an egg until they are bred. If they breed again during a heat cycle, they will release another egg. This is how it...
- Is it true that cats can get pregnant by more than one male cat w...?
- yes, my mother cat is multicolored gray tan black and white tiger and she had 3 looking like her one orange and white and one gray and white
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can a female cat go into heat while pregnant?
- Q: I just wanted to know if that is possible because im 95% sure she is pregnant because i felt a lump in her stomach today and shes being extra loving to me by rubbing on my leg and hopping up on me too. It looks like shes going into heat, so if that is the case does that mean she really isnt pregnant or can pregnant female cats still go into heat while being pregnant?
- A: Female cats are in heat for anywhere between 14-21 days. Their ovulation is also induced. This means that they do not release an egg until they are bred. If they breed again during a heat cycle, they will release another egg. This is how it's possible for a litter of kittens to have different fathers. So, a cat can be pregnant and still be in heat. Once the heat cycle is over, they do not go into heat again while they are pregnant. They can, however, go into heat and become pregnant again within a week of delivering a litter.
- can a cat show signs of heat while pregnant?
- Q: my family thought my cat was pregnant, until a few days ago, when she was thought to be in heat. Now, she is oozing something wet and gooey.
- A: Please rush your cat to the vet. That sounds like Pyometra and it can be deadly if not treated right away. This is an emergency.
- Can female cats be in heat while pregnant?
- Q: My female cat is pregnant. I caught her today raising her hind end up to my male cat. She hasnt been making the sounds like she does when in heat. She was however rolling around on the carpet like she does when she is in heat. She should be having her babies here soon. I dont know why she is acting this way. I have heard that cats are notorious for faking pregnancies. How can you tell if this is a false pregnancy. I have felt something in there tap on my finger Im assuming it was one of the babies..
- A: just like humans, sex can be the only thing on our minds in the late stages of pregnancy...to tell if shes pregnant check her nipples, they maybe be bigger, and when she walks if her belly sticks out either side as she takes each step then shes preg...good luck,,
Prev Question: How far along are you when you start get morning sickness
People also view