Are saltine crackers good if you are pregnant
Saltine crackers have good and bad attributes. They are good in that they are low in fat and cholesterol, but are high in sodium. They do help with nausea sometimes when you are pregnant. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-saltine-crackers-good-if-you-are-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Are saltine crackers good if you are pregnant"
- Are saltine crackers good if you are pregnant
- Saltine crackers have good and bad attributes. They are good in that they are low in fat and cholesterol, but are high in sodium. They do help with nausea sometimes when you are pregnant.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- 15 weeks pregnant, not keeping anything down..just wondering if some of you have been through this too?
- Q: I'm feeling better as far as energy and not being as sensitive with smells but had a really weird spell that started yesterday..I ate simple foods and ended up getting sick everytime I ate or drank anything...even water. Everything is comming back up..but I'm hungry too. Just wonder if you ladys had this experience before and what you did to help it or what you were told...(and i tried just a bite of saltine crackers and decaf tea too, even that I ended up rejecting) It's been about 24 hours since it started and just wondering if I should just wait. Till my doctors appt in two days or call now to make sure I don't get dehydrated. (I've had many issues with this pregnacy and I'm just trying to not call all the time)
- A: I have had pretty bad morning sickness with this pregnancy. I'm 14 weeks 2 days and went through a period where I couldn't eat or drink anything. I was on 3 meds and still ended up in the hospital for dehydration. So, if it continues call the doctor.
- husband thinks im not doing everything i can for our baby?
- Q: sorry its so long but thanks in advance to those that read it.this is our first child and i have had a hard time with morning sickness. well it was actually 24/7 sickness for me. well here is the timeline to help you understand the situation bettermarch 14-found out i was pregnant with home testmarch 19-had first visit, was told i was 6 wks and 6 days pregnant.march 27-first day of morning sickness. was sick 24/7 and couldnt keep anything down at all, not even water or saltine crackers.April 20.-had lost 9 lbs. doctor wasnt completely concerned but said i shouldnt lose that much again when i come back.May18.-had lost 2 more lbs. doctor said everything was fine and that he was glad i had only lost 2 and not 9.June 11-had ultrasound done and i had not gained or lost any weight so the doctor said that since my weight leveled out, i should start noticing weight gain by my next apptJuly 9-had only gained 1 lb but doctor said everything was fine, the baby was healthy and the right size. somewhere in between the april and may appt is when we figured out it was my prenatal vitamins that was making me sick so we switched them and thats when the morning sickness kind of went away and thats why i only lost 2 lbs. so i was sick from my 8 week to my 14 week. well now the morning sickness is completely gone except for the occasional nauseaous feeling and i pretty much eat like i normally did before i was pregnant. my stomach is noticeably bigger so i thought i had at least gained like 4 or 5 lbs b/c my jeans dont even fit anymore. i eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and inbetween snacks and take my vitamins everyday so getting all the nutrients the baby and i need, im just not gaining the weight. well my husband thinks that im not eating enough and that i need to eat more b/c 1 lb in his opinion was not enough. but i keep telling him that everytime i eat, i eat until im full, i dont just take a couple of bites and stop. he's says i need to eat more. but i tell him if i keep eating after im full, i will throw up. he just doesnt seem to understand b/c the whole time i had that sickness, he kept telling me it was all in my head and that i made myself sick and that i could control my throwing up and stuff. and when i tell him that it makes me feel like he thinks im not doing enough, he always says, well you are doing something right b/c she's healthy and the right size but still, in my opinion 1 lb is not enough and you need to eat more. i understand that 1 lb is not alot but at least i gained it and didnt lose it. i am only 22 weeks so i have time to gain weight between now and my due date. its not like im due next week and only gained 1 lb the whole pregnancy. i know he is worried about our baby b/c it took us a year and a half to even get pregnant but im trying to get him to understand that im doing everything i can possibly think of. anybody had their husbands act this way when they were pregnant?no im not overweight. i am actually really small. i am 5'0 and weighed 127 before i got pregnant. went up to 131 at first appointment then went down to 120 after sickness.
- A: Yeah, my husband use to say stuff like that, and finally my hormones got the better of me one day and I told him off. It went something like this:"Well I am so shocked to hear that you are such an authority on how much weight I should be gaining, I mean my doctor is not concerned, but obviously you have some better training...or have you been reading up on line and going to all the chat rooms...no, well you must be reading books that tell you I am not doing things right! Or heard something at the last doctor visit that i didn't, oh wait you weren't there....Listen up, if the doctor is not concerned I am not concerned, I do read about this online, and I have read books, and as far as I can tell the only thing you are an expert in is pissing me off! So unless you can have this baby for me, I suggest you shut the hell up and try and offer me a back rub, or a nice dinner, or something useful, rather than telling me yet again how I am screwing up, because guess what, it's not helping!!!"After that my husband became a lot more sensitive to my needs, offered to go to every appointment with me, cooked special dinners for me, asked me if I was hungry and if I wanted anything special. It turned out he felt left out of the whole pregnancy process, and was just trying to somehow be a part of it. You know the old saying those that can't do...teach? Well he couldn't be pregnant so i guess in his own way he was trying to take charge....it will get better. You might want to let your husband in on the fact that right now at 22 weeks the baby just hit the one pound mark! It's not like you have a 10 pound baby in you right now!Don't worry, I started gaining serious weight around week 28. From week 1-28 i was up a total of 4 pounds, then in 28 I jumped 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks. Then 5, then 8, then 2...it was erratic. I ended up 48 pounds heavier by week 41. Then I had the baby and within 2 weeks of delivering i was in my old pants, only 9 pounds up. That is the bonus of having it really all be baby weight, when the baby comes out, the weight goes away.
Prev Question: Who was Kevin Federline's girlfriend before Britney Spears
People also view