Are prenatal vitamins bad to take when your not pregnant
Taking prenatal vitamins when you are not pregnant does not cause any problems. These vitamins are not that different than MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-prenatal-vitamins-bad-to-take-when-your-not-pregnant ]
More Answers to "Are prenatal vitamins bad to take when your not pregnant"
- Are prenatal vitamins bad to take when your not pregnant
- Taking prenatal vitamins when you are not pregnant does not cause any problems. These vitamins are not that different than MORE?
- Is it bad to take prenatal vitamins if im not pregnant??
- I'm no doctor, but this shouldn't be a problem. Also vitamin B's come out in your urine. Most people have berrocca's and other vitamin drinks. The excess should just come straight out. Pregnancy vitamins have higher folate, iron and some ot...
- Is it bad to take prenatal vitamins when your not pregnant? i wan...?
- Prenatal vitamins are also high in iron, iron is also important in the development of the baby. Iron, a mineral, functions primarily as a carrier of oxygen in the body, both as a part of hemoglobin in the blood and of myoglobin in the muscl...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is it bad to take prenatal vitamins when your not pregnant? i want my hair to grow longer...?
- A: Prenatal vitamins are also high in iron, iron is also important in the development of the baby. Iron, a mineral, functions primarily as a carrier of oxygen in the body, both as a part of hemoglobin in the blood and of myoglobin in the muscles. It also aids in immune function, cognitive development, temperature regulation and energy metabolism.Too much Iron and you can overdose. large amounts of ingested iron can cause excessive levels of iron in the blood because high iron levels can damage the cells of the gastrointestinal tract, preventing them from regulating iron absorption. High blood concentrations of iron damage cells in the heart, liver and elsewhere, which can cause serious problems, including long-term organ damage and even death.Humans experience iron toxicity above 20 milligrams of iron for every kilogram of mass, and 60 milligrams per kilogram is a lethal dose.If your going to take prenatal vitamins please be aware that many contain high amounts of iron and is intended for both mother and child, not for one.It's advisable that if a person who is not pregnant, should get their minerals and vitamins from food instead.Hope I helped :).
- I hope I'm pregnant! Do you think I am?
- Q: Hey guys. I've been pregnant before with a set of twins... but sadly, emotionally, unfortunately, "heartbreakingly" I miscarried them both one by one. During the whole pregnancy I had bleeding not knowing I miscarried the first baby in early pregnancy. Although I am up to getting pregnant again!! So... my fiance an I have been trying our best :) I'll let in the details. The first day of my last menstrual period was.. January 9th of 2009. It is February 5th 2009. I have indeed been feeling pregnancy symptoms like tender breast, frequent urinations, umm.. I'm sick at the moment.. I've been feeling a bit of "moring sickness" I took a nap today for a few hours woke up feeling weird in the chest and esophagus area like I want to puke but not really. I don't know if it's just from my cold.. I caught an awful cold it's a chest cough stuffy nose thing. They are very similar to my past symptoms but it does feel a bit different. I can only notice my breast are a bit tender when I squeeze them. Also, I'm not too sure if stating I'm sick has anything to do with being pregnant although I'm assuming it's because I've been told your immune system isn't as strong as normal when your pregnant. If me being sick and taking Robitussin is a bad thing, and I should go to a doctor PLEASE LET ME KNOW! :) I've been starting to take my prenatal vitamins already. I just want to make sure I have the right amount of folic acid for my baby if I am pregnant. Experiencing another miscarriage would be devastating. I have experienced some "Implantation spotting" too -hopefully it's not my menstrual period- Since yesterday on February 4th 2009 I may have had some on the 3 and 2. I might have not noticed it. The bleeding is very light pink and it's an on and off kind of thing. I went to the bathroom and whipped and it looked as though there was watered down blood. I put a liner pad on and nothing really got on to it. During all of this in the hopes of being PREGNANT!! I've been feeling different around my abdomen ect. I just had an instinct of "Yes! I'm pregnant :)" If you know what I mean. I'm sure many women can relate to the instinct of knowing or thinking your pregnant. But at times I think maybe I'm so excited that I may be over joyed, and end up not pregnant. So... if you have any information you can give me, tips ect. LET MEEE KNOWW! I would totally appreciate you taking your time to answer this awful LONGGGGG question :) Also, my normal menstrual period should be coming around in 4 days normally. When do you think I should take my pregnancy test? Did I mention I've been experience a lot of short term memory?? Lol It will be great hearing from you all soon!! I will be waiting on replies. Please only reply if you know what you're talking about. Thanks!! xoxoxxoxoI've also been experiencing dehydration. Like I need to drink more water, but I think it's from my cold :)
- A: Well your period its kind of late there is a 70%chance that you are pregnat. Sometimes thinking too much about whether your pregnant or not it driving you crazy just dont stress too much . good luck!!
- Can taking prenatal vitamins when you're not pregnant be harmful?
- Q: I'm curious, I've heard you should take prenatal vitamins when you start trying to get pregnant but lets say you have a hard time getting pregnant and you've now been taking prenatal vitamins for 6 months and are not pregnant. Can this be bad for your health because I've also heard when it comes to vitamins more isn't always better.Not asking for myself people! If I was I would be asking my doctor and not on here. I just heard these things and was wondering geesh.
- A: No...most doctors now recommend that all women of child bearing age take prenatal vitamins because of the folate they contain. As long as you are not taking a prenatal vitamin in combination with any other high-dose single or other multivitamin you'll be fine. I have been on prenatal vitamins since I started TTC 2 years ago...my daughter is now 13 months old and I still take them daily and plan to continue doing so.
Prev Question: Is it normal to have headaches when you're pregnant
People also view