Why does pickle juice help with cramping
Pickle juice is very high in electrolyte content, which your body loses when you are heavily exercising. Cramps are caused by dehydration in the muscles and the electrolytes in the pickle juice help to stop the dehydration. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-does-pickle-juice-help-with-cramping ]
More Answers to "Why does pickle juice help with cramping"
- How to Make Sweet Pickle Relish:
- This recipe originally belonged to my great-aunt. I have tweaked and changed it so many times to fit my cooking style that I now call it "Heather's Own Sweet Pickle Relish." Enjoy!
- Should I drink pickle juice to prevent cramps...?
- If you've ever experienced the excruciating pain of a severe muscle cramp, you may fearfully wonder if it will strike again. You may also wonder if nutrition imbalances are at the root of the problem and if diet changes would be the simple ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does drinking pickle juice help with cramps?
- Q: I heard this when I was in track and field during high-school...
- A: Low levels of minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium have long been linked to cramps.Checking the nutrition information for pickle juice shows it is high in sodium and contains some potassium. So if a person was deficient in these then it may help. It is far better to avoid getting the cramp in the first place.http://www.nutritionpedia.com/food/Nutrition-Information-for-Pickle-Juice-Dill-Goldin-Pickle-Co-Inc-Original-GoldinMost people eat far to much salt, (sodium) so this is less likely these days. The most common deficiency is in magnesium. People just don't eat enough leafy green vegetables.http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002423.htm#Food%20SourcesNext would be potassiumhttp://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002413.htm#Food%20SourcesFortunately if you are eating a well balanced diet, there is little need to include drinking pickle juice.
- Does pickle juice really help with leg cramps?
- Q: I am asking first before I try it because I HATE vinegar and dont want to put myself through that if it wont work but I am desperate for relief from extreme leg cramps. I am pregnant so I am looking for alternatives to taking medication.
- A: Another alternative is to eat bananas. It works the same but has a better taste. My grandfather is 92 years old and the bananas work great for him.
- Does drinking pickle juice prevent leg cramps?
- A: Don't know about pickle juice, but calcium and fish oil capsules will.Your muscles need calcium to lubricate the lining. Halibut Liver oil or Cod Liver oil has the Vitamin A and D to help your body absorb the Calcium.Check out this site for more info !!http://www.cushings-help.com/calcium.htm
Prev Question: What is the fastest way to cure chapped lips
People also view