Why does Midol help cramps
Midol contains ibuprofen for pain relief plus a diuretic to help with bloating/swelling. For best results take every 4-6 hours. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-does-midol-help-cramps ]
More Answers to "Why does Midol help cramps"
- How Does Midol Help Menstrual Cramps?
- Midol contains 500 mg of paracetamol, which is also known as acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is the active ingredient in the Tylenol products. This drug can be classified as a non-opioid analgesic....
- Does Midol help severe cramping?
- before i went on the pill i got bad cramps too, midol always worked best. But really if its that bad think about going on some sort of birth control because it makes your period regular and less painful and certain types even clear up your ...
- What helps cramps besides Midol?
- I find that preventing cramps is the way to go. Caffeine is the trigger for me. So I just cut out pop, coffee, and chocolate for a week. Tylenol helps me too. I make sure to keep taking it every four hours when I'm sure I'm going to have cr...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- If caffeine is bad for cramps, why does Midol have caffeine in it?
- Q: I have been told that you can minimize menstrual cramps by reducing the intake of caffeine or eliminating it completely from the diet during your period, but one of the active ingredients in Midol is caffeine. I am so confused.
- A: Caffeine is important to the body if you regularly use it. Not having it can make you sick if you are used to it.
- does midol really work for period cramps?
- Q: i have really bad period cramps... does midol work? i want to try it but im not sure yet, is there any side effects etc? thank youi think i'm going to get the midol then. pain killers dont really work that good for me no more..
- A: Midol was originally sold in 1911 as a headache and toothache remedy that was considered safe since it did not use the narcotics typically used at the time. It was then promoted as a cure for hiccups claiming it controlled spasms, and finally as a remedy for menstrual cramps and bloating.The primary formulation consists of:Acetaminophen 500 mg (Pain Reliever) Caffeine 60 mg (Stimulant) Pyrilamine Maleate 15 mg (Antihistamine) I find that just taking an ibuprofin and using a heating pad is the best way to combat cramps. some versions of midol and similar drugs contain a mild diuretic, but I find that just increasing the amount of water that I drink in the days leading up to my period and avoiding salt is the best way to take care of the bloating, which sometimes makes cramps more sever.
- Does anybody else take midol for cramps and all the other stuff, and do you get tired??
- Q: I took some yesterday at about 6:45 and by 7:30 I could not even keep my eyes open, does anybody else get very tired from it?? I am glad I didn't take it in the morning, my boys would have destroyed the house!!
- A: Yes, i take Midol for my cramps. Yes, i seem to get overly tired with it. You could try Tyenol.
Prev Question: Does it hurt getting your tonsils taken out
People also view