What is the difference between chemotherapy and radiation
Chemotherapy is the use of chemicals that have a specific toxic effect upon the disease-producing microorganisms or that ..more? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-difference-between-chemotherapy-and-radiation ]
More Answers to "What is the difference between chemotherapy and radiation"
- What is the difference between chemotherapy and radiation therapy?
- Chemotherapy can treat non-cancerous tumors as well as cancerous ones. There are 50 different chemotherapy drugs and many times some are combined to help combat the illness. Different cancers use different chemotherapy drugs. It's all based...
- What is the difference between radiation and chemotherapy??
- Chemo affects your entire body, radiation can target very specific areas. If they suspect the cancer has spread - they recommend chemo, otherwise they use surgery or radiation.
- What is the difference between radiation therapy and chemotherapy...?
- Radiation therapy is the use of targeted radiation to destroy tumor cells, chemotherapy (=chemical therapy) is the use of drugs destroy rapidly dividing cells. They have their respective advantages and drawbacks. Radiation therapy has come ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- A difference between radiation and chemotherapy?
- Q: Hello. I was talking with my mom yesterday and my husband asked her was there a difference between radiation and chemotherapy? We always thought that radiation and chemotherapy were the same thing. But she said the difference is the way they put it in. Chemotherapy is when they administer it into the body very slowly. So i thought i would turn to yahoo answers and get some answers. Can anyone help?
- A: They are completely different things, and depending on an individual's cancer they may be offered either, neither or both.Radiotherapy, or radiation, is the use of high energy x-rays to destroy cancer cells. Treatment is given regularly over a period of time to have the greatest effect on the cancer cells while limiting the damage to normal cells - in my case this was every day, Monday to Friday, for five weeks.Chemotherapy drugs also destroy cancer; a drug or cocktail of drugs is administered, usually intravenously. A period of time is left between each treatment - in my case it was three weeks - to allow the body to recover.
- What is the difference between radiation and chemotherapy?
- Q: My aunt is having a small breast tumor positive with cancer cell and is having radiation instead of chemotherapy, why?
- A: Chemo affects your entire body, radiation can target very specific areas.If they suspect the cancer has spread - they recommend chemo, otherwise they use surgery or radiation.
- What's the difference between chemotherapy and radiation treatments?
- A: With chemo you ingest poison, that hopefully kills the tumor before it kills you.With radiation you use ionizing radiation to kill cells in the path of the radiation in your body.
Prev Question: What doctor can I see for an ingrown toenail
People also view