What is the best way to clean my lip piercing
Wash your hands, remove any crusty stuff from the piercing, gently wash with antibacterial soap and dry twice a day till it heals. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-best-way-to-clean-my-lip-piercing ]
More Answers to "What is the best way to clean my lip piercing"
- What is the best way to clean a lip piercing?
- Your piercer should have gone over this with you. Here are the instructions copied and pasted from the website of the shop I get tattooed at: ~~~~~~~~~~ Rinse your mouth with salt water (1/4 tsp. salt to 1 cup of water) for 30 seconds after...
- What is the best proven way to clean a lip piercing and make an i...?
- I do think it's infected but I don't think you should head straight to the doctor or the er. The best way to clean a piercing is sea salt soaks. Twice a day mix a fourth of a teaspoon of non-iodized SEA salt (not regular salt. Must be non-i...
- What is the best way to care for and clean a new lip piercing??
- Soak in saline solution and/or wash with liquid antimicrobial or germicidal soap* as described below: 1) WASH your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning, or touching on or near your piercing for any reason. 2) SALINE soak at least two to three...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what is the best way to clean a lip piercing?
- Q: i just got my lip pierced today, and wanna know the best and most effective way to clean the piercing and defend against infection. Ive heard alot about cleaning it too much is bad, and i also wanna know if it matters alot that if there is alcohol in the mouthwash you can use to clean it.Thanks!:)
- A: Your piercer should have gone over this with you.Here are the instructions copied and pasted from the website of the shop I get tattooed at:~~~~~~~~~~Rinse your mouth with salt water (1/4 tsp. salt to 1 cup of water) for 30 seconds after eating, smoking or drinking anything other than bottled water. Swish the sea salt solution like mouthwash. Rinsing with an alcohol-free mouthwash such as Tech2000, Biotene, Rembrandt Natural or Tom's of Maine, 2-4 times per day, is suggested, especially if you smoke. A bottled of pre-mixed sea salt water can be used. Distilled or bottled water is suggested for oral rinses. Do not use Listerine or any other mouthwash containing alcohol. Do not play with the piercing Try to cut back or stop smoking for 3 weeks ~~~~~~~~~You should use nice warm water for mixing the sea salt solution. A couple of times a day, mix up the solution, dunk a cotton ball into it and hold it to your piercing (on the outside) for about ten minutes. If there are any crusties still clinging to the jewelry after you finish the soak you can dip a Q-Tip into the solution and gently remove the gunk from your jewelry.Remember that you should never touch your piercing unless you are cleaning it. When you are cleaning it, make sure you wash your hands first.That should be all you need.
- Best way to clean a lip piercing?
- Q: I got my bottom right lip pierced and was wondering whats the best way to clean it and to keep the swelling down? I've heard salt water, but will it burn? And if you're gonna be a jerk and tell me to take it out or it was a dumb idea to get it done, then don't bother answer the question. It's my body, my temple, and this is how I express it. Thanks everyone.
- A: Sea salt soaks don't burn, they're very mild. If it burns, you made the solution too strong. Add 1/8 tsp of non-iodized sea salt to 8 oz warm water. Soak for 10 mins 2-3 times per day (both the outside and inside). Things like mouthwash and anti-bacterial soap are totally outdated. It's been found that they actually slow the healing process, can dry out piercings and encourage irritation and scar tissue.
- what the best way to clean a new lip piercing?
- Q: i was just wanting to know the best way to clean a lip piercing? i got a labret. i got this done friday Aug 14th.. its not really swollen.. its a lil red around it is that normal and small amounts of dischage which is either clear sometimes white... not very much of it tho.. i was just wondering if this is normal... and whats the best way to clean it... which products are best to use??? thanks!!!
- A: Redness is normal especailly if its new dont worry just use some sea salt to soak it in
Prev Question: What is the quickest way to heal a cut in your mouth
People also view