What does a DO after a doctors name stand for
The "DO" after a doctor's name means that they are a board certified doctor. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-a-do-after-a-doctors-name-stand-for ]
More Answers to "What does a DO after a doctors name stand for"
- What does DO stand for after a doctors name?
- The D. O. after a doctors name means Doctor of Osteopathy, a practitioner who works with skeletal problems. An Osteopath (D.O.) gets an education and residency training that is not the same as conventional doctors (M.D.), they have own medi...
- What does P. A. stand for after a doctors name?
- Physician's Assistant, This means they have some kind of Bachelor of Science degree, then they specialized in a course for Physician's Assistant. They can do much as a doctor can do without fully diagnosing someone.
- What does mbchb after a doctors name stand for?
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, or in Latin Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what does D.O.after a doctors`name stand for?
- Q: In medicine,what does d.o.stand for?
- A: Doctor of Osteopathy (Osteopathic Doctor)
- What does 'MD' after a Doctors name mean/stand for?
- Q: In my job, I frequently have to email doctors... but I can't for the life of me find out what 'MD' means! I'll look like a fool if I ask a colleague. Can anybody enlighten me?I guess sometimes things really are as obvious as they seem!
- A: MD or M.D. is short for Medicinæ Doctor. It is a Latin phrase which means doctor of medicine in English.
- what does DO stand for after my doctors name?
- Q: I just had surgery and the other doctors in the office have MD after their name. My doctor had DO after his. What do these letters mean?
- A: doctor of osteopathy. They are similar to, but not the same as, medical doctors. They are taught to be primary care physcians and approach the patient in a "holistic" fashion.
Prev Question: What kind of pill says watson 385
People also view