What do you do when your body breaks out into hives
Although hives will probably go away on their own, the most commonly used oral treatments are antihistamines, such as Benadryl or Claritin. ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-you-do-when-your-body-breaks-out-into-hives ]
More Answers to "What do you do when your body breaks out into hives"
- Can stress (exrtreme) cause your body to break out in hives??
- Wow, you got quite a case of the hives. It happens to my daughter when she stresses and it takes quite a few days for the effects to go away completely. You definitely have to find some outlets for that stress or you could have a repeat. Ma...
- What can I do for hives, I break out all over body and face??
- You need to take some allergy medicine ASAP! If you are having difficulty breathing or your tongue swelling up, you need to call 911 now. This is a serious reaction. You can take OTC Benadryl, it's probably the most fast acting that you can...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I'm breaking into hives all over my body, help?
- Q: Help me please. I'm breaking into hives right now. I've been randomly breaking into hives for the past 2 weeks now. It's annoying. It's just about all over my body. But the weird thing is that the hives go away the next day..but then it itches again...ugh. Any suggestions? I don't have any medication or anything right now. Thanks a bunch.btw i have eczema too..
- A: Do you notice that (after the itching subsides) it returns once you have taken your shower? If so, your soap might be to blame. I myself have very sensitive skin, and have broken out in hives when a soap was too strong for me.Similarly, if you recently started using a new body lotion, that might be to blame. Take note if the itching subsides once the lotion has been washed off, but returns once you put more lotion on.Another possibility is your detergent. Have you changed the detergent that you use to wash your clothes within the last 2 weeks? If so, your skin might be reacting to any contact with clothes which have been washed with this new soap (i.e. maybe the itching subsides when you wear something which was washed using your OLD detergent, but returns when you wear something which was washed with the NEW one?) If none of these things seem to be the cause, check with your doctor. You seem to be having an allergic reaction to something, but I'm not sure what. But your PCP would be able to give you a prescription (probably a lotion to relieve the itching and a pill to fight the reaction from the inside). When I reacted to a soap I was using (I had developed a terrible rash on my chest), my doctor prescribed a lotion/pill combo, and my rash was gone within a week.
- I break into hives or eczema that bleeds all over my body. What should i do?
- Q: I love the taste of food very much and can't quit. I still eat the foods that i know is killing me or things that I'm allergic to that gives me hives and eczema rashes. I am allergic to foods that i like such as: peanut butter, tomatoes, beef, strawberry, pineapple, orange, shrimp, lobster, crab, any kind of pepper, cheese, milk, soy sauce, msg, ketchup, seafood, and more. I can't help myself, because i love food! help!
- A: Go see a nutritionist. Yes, food allergies suck. I have a list about as long as yours of food allergies but you really need to just learn how to deal with it.
- I broke out into hives tonight! Help!?
- Q: Hey everyone,I'm going nuts right now and I don't know what caused this but I drank about 3-4 big glasses of orange juice throughout the day today thinking it would be good, and then just a few hours ago I peeled and ate two large oranges. An hour or so later I broke out into hives. I still have them all over my body and this is really pissing me off. I decided to take a shower and it helped a bit but they're still on my body. Now, my question is, I thought orange juice was good for you because it has Vitamin C, what's the problem? Why is my body reacting with hives? What can I do to make them go down? Help me out guys, it's 7:12 AM in the morning and I never slept yet. There has to be something I could do because it's itchy and it's really irritating me!
- A: first take an antihistamine like benydryl this will help tremendously. Could be from the orange peel after peeling it you may have had some insecticides left on you fingers that made you break out...if you think OJ in general introduce to yourself in small doses and if the hives start again well than you know.
Prev Question: What is a good way to get rid of the pain from a burn
People also view