What can you do for an earache at home remedies
Put your ear to the plate! Some people swear by old-time heat treatments like this: Warm up an oven-safe plate, wrap it in a towel, and rest your aching ear right on it. The plate should be warm and comforting, not hot. Feel better! ChaCha again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-you-do-for-an-earache-at-home-remedies ]
More Answers to "What can you do for an earache at home remedies"
- What can you do for an earache at home remedies
- Put your ear to the plate! Some people swear by old-time heat treatments like this: Warm up an oven-safe plate, wrap it in a towel, and rest your aching ear right on it. The plate should be warm and comforting, not hot. Feel better! ChaCha ...
- How can I cure my earache / infection with at home remedies??
- My husband recently had the same thing over Thanksgiving. He even had the side of his face swelling and red but wouldn't go to the dr like I wanted him to (I think that was a macho thing for him though!)What we got for him was tylenol sinus...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Anyone know any home remedies for an unbearable earache?
- Q: I have an unbearable earache right now and it is preventing me from sleeping!!!! It hurts sooooo bad does anyone know of any home remedies that can soothe the pain until my doctor opens? ( other that warm olive oil or warm mineral oil) any ideas will help!!!! Please let me know. Thank you!
- A: Ear Infections and AchesEar troubles occur mostly due to bad cold. Sometimes the child will refuse to eat and may pull his ear. Never neglect a bad ear. Most of the cases of deafness can be due to ear infections in the early years. Many young children are partially deaf because of blows they have received on the side of the head. These blows can easily damage the delicate hearing mechanism. Sometimes children stuff some foreign object into the ear canal and then forget all about it. After a few days the child may complain of earache and there may be foul discharge. During childhood, ear infections occur after measles, chicken pox, mumps, or the common cold. Chronic tonsillitis and other infections may spread to the Eustachian tube and cause pus to accumulate in the middle ear cavity, which is known as otitis media. Wax normally protects the ear canal from infection and injury, but when too much wax is present it should be gently removed. Do not attempt to dig the wax out yourself. You may puncture the drum and produce a middle ear infection, which might lead to permanent loss of hearing. Sometimes the ear canal becomes badly swollen and infected particularly after prolonged swimming. This is known as otitis externa. There is severe pain and there may be tender lymph nodes behind the ear and in the neck. Older people with nerve deafness often complain of ringing in the ears. Nerve deafness may also arise from hardening of the arteries. As the condition progresses, the patient may not be able to distinguish between such common sounds as the ringing of the doorbell, the tickling of the watch, or the sound of the telephone.Other causes of nerve deafness arise from skull fractures following falls and traffic accidents, especially if it involved auditory, or hearing nerve, or the blood vessels leading to the inner ear.HOME REMEDIES FOR EAR INFECTIONS AND ACHES ·Take some garlic juice and pour the juice in the ear it will help to relieve the pain. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. ·If the pain is due to altitude change, just chew gum or yawn to relieve the pain. ·If pain is due to swimming, usually called, swimmer's ear, put some mineral oil in before going in the water. This should protect the condition. ·One drop of alcohol after bathing can prevent excessive earwax. ·Take two cloves of Garlic. Remove the skin. Heat them with two spoons of Mustard Oil when the garlic starts turning black (burning) then turn off the heat. Sieve the contents. When the oil becomes lukewarm, then using a cotton swab, put 2 to 4 drops in the aching ear. ·Make a poultice of onions and it will help to cure the earache within 10 minutes. ·Deep-breathing exercises are effective for earaches and other pain, because they oxygenate the body, strengthen the immune system and open blockages. ·Grind a few Holy basil leaves and extract some juice. Apply 2 drops inside the ear. ·Boil 3-4 cloves of Garlic in some water. Mash them and add a pinch of salt. Wrap this poultice in a flannel or woolen cloth and place on the aching ear ·Drops of tea tree oil may be effective in reducing the earache. ·Blow the nose, one at a time and gently.·Keep your ears free of moisture after swimming or bathing because a dry ear is unlikely to become infected. After swimming or showering, shake your head to remove water from the ear canal. ·Feed infants in upright position to prevent milk getting into the Eustachian tubes. Do not allow infants to fall asleep with a bottle in mouth. ·Take a sock; fill it with salt, heat until it is warm and tolerable to body. Lay your head on it. This may drain the fluid out. ·Use a nasal spray if nose is congested this will help to reduce the earache. ·Breathe in deeply from your diaphragm, not your chest, bringing air in through your nose. ·Pinch your nose and push your tongue against the back part of the roof of your mouth, this will work a little air through your Eustachian tubes without damage. ·Press a warm water bottle or warm bag of salt against the ear. This will help to ease ear pain. ·Otikon, an extract made of various plants, including garlic and St. John's Wort, is an effective anesthetic in treating the pain associated with ear infections. ·Take some garlic oil and put 3 drops of grape seed extract in it and then put it in the ear. It will help to relieve the pain in the ear.·Take a small glass of orange juice (about 4 ounces) and added a dropper full of Echinacea tincture and 3 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE). Take this 3 times a day to relieve any infection.·Avoid smoking and passive smoke as much as possible. ·Take Vitamin C to help boost the immune system and fight infection. Zinc reduces ear infection. ·Put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the ear. It is especially recommended for the swimmers ear.
- I have a sore throat which is not accompanied by an earache...any home remedies I can try?
- Q: Sore throat started on Wednesday, this evening my ear started hurting. Is there anything I can do to ease the pain?I started with congestion in my sinuses on Monday. No fever though.No insurance either.Sorry, in the main question, I meant it is **NOW** accompanied by an earache.
- A: Since your nose, throat and ears and all connected it is understandable that would be having both. For the sore throat I suggest gargling with salt water as warm as you can stand it and also honey and lemon in hot water help or tea. Sucking on zinc cough drops help keep the throat moist and keeps it from getting as scratchy. Also putting vicks vapor rub on the outside of your neck, near your nostrils will help soothe the pain too. Ok for the ears. Any kindof oil or olive oil heated up and put into the ear along with cotton will help. Natural antibiotic that is completely safe for both your throat and ears and even nose is Colloidal Silver. It is nice because it is all natural and can be used internally and externally and no you aren't going to turn blue. Those are only cases of dorks that have made their own and have been drinking it by the gallon for years. Dork nuggets. The kind you get at the natual store you are using very little.
- How can I cure my earache / infection with at home remedies?
- Q: I woke up with my left ear aching. I can feel the ache going all the way into my throat!? It burns and aches to swallow but only on the left side?! Not the right.I am guessing ear infection of some sort.HAVE NOT BEEN SWIMMING or anything so not blocked with water or anything either.I dont have the money to run to the doctors and get prescriptions for it either. :PSo I am looking for all those good "at Home" remedies, or even "Grammys Cures" to help with it! Its killing me. Besides, I am working 60 hours this week and dont have time to go doc's anyway - poo!Any and all serious answers are much appreciated. And I already heard the pee on the cotton ball one, and I am not sticking a pee soaked cotton bal in my ear, no way! LOL. Hubby wouldnt le me sleep next to him if I did. :)
- A: My husband recently had the same thing over Thanksgiving. He even had the side of his face swelling and red but wouldn't go to the dr like I wanted him to (I think that was a macho thing for him though!)What we got for him was tylenol sinus, some ear drops, and these strip things that are for mouth pain (like anbesol but for your whole mouth) Took about 5 minutes to run into walmart and maybe 15 bucks. Within about 2 days he was good to go and no problems since.
Prev Question: What is the average cost of chemotherapy
People also view