What are the symptoms of a black widow spider bite and what does it look like
Symptoms include: acute pain at the site of the bite, abdominal pain, weakness, tremor, nausea, dizziness and possible chest pain. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-symptoms-of-a-black-widow-spider-bite-and-what-does-it-look-like ]
More Answers to "What are the symptoms of a black widow spider bite and what does it look like"
- What are the symptoms of a black widow spider bite
- Blood pressure and heart rate may be elevated. The elevation of blood pressure can lead to one of the most severe complications.
- How long do Black Widow spider bite symptoms last?
- The black widow spider produces a protein venom that affects the victim's nervous system. This neurotoxic protein is one of the most potent venoms secreted by an animal. Some people are slightly affected by the venom, but others may have a ...
- How long do symptoms of a black widow spider bite last after inte...?
- this is a rare situation that after examination, antivenin is administered. either you have allergies to the venom, or very low tolerance. for an average adult, most symptoms of latrodectism usually last several days, with complete healing ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Black Widow Spider Bite?
- Q: I have a bug bite that looks like a Black Widow bite(two small red marks) on my wrist, but it doesn't hurt and I don't have any of the symptoms listed for a Black Widow bite on WebMD.com. I've had it at least a couple days. Could it still be a Black Widow bite, just without any symptoms, or is it something else? Thanks!Jess
- A: It is not a black widow bite.this sounds more like multiple insect bites, and will clear upin a couple days.sadly, 'no one', not even doctors, can look at a bite and tell 'what'did the biting. there are also a number of skin conditions,rashes, and staph infections that are mistaken for spider/insectbites.
- Did I get bitten by a black widow?
- Q: Yesterday morning I woke up with a small bit on my wrist. I didn't really think anything of it and ignored it. Today I woke up and noticed the bite was a bit raised and more red. It is now almost night time and the bite is more red and more swollen but not a whole lot. I'm dizzy, my stomach is kind of bothering me, I have diarrhea and gas. The bite hurts some if I touch it or move my wrist. I looked up symptoms for black widow spider bites and I have some of them, but I think I would be more sick for how long it's been since I first noticed the bite. Do you think it's possible that's what it is? I don't want to have to go to the emergency room because I have no idea. I live in Florida as well if that matters.
- A: From the information you've given, I gather that it's been over 24 hours since the bump appeared. Symptoms of a black widow bite usually start within 20 minutes to one hour after the bite. If it had been a black widow bite, it would have swollen immediately, not after another night of sleep. You also would have the other symptoms of the bite - progressive muscle spasms (starting with the area of the bite and eventually affecting all large muscle groups), severe pain (not just when you touch it or move your wrist, but an unbearable pain all the time), seizures, and paralysis. You sound like you've already done some research, so I won't include links to the symptoms or anything. Trust me though, you'd definitely notice it if it was a black widow bite!I hope I was able to put your mind at ease. I know it's tough when you are scared and are exhibiting some of the symptoms of something, but trust me, from experience, it wasn't a black widow bite.
Prev Question: Is there any cure for alopecia areata
People also view