How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in
Antibiotics should take effect within 2 to 3 days. Sometimes you will see an improvement as quickly as within 12 hours depending on the type of infection and antibiotic used to treat it. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-for-antibiotics-to-kick-in ]
More Answers to "How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in"
- How long will it take for the Antibiotics to kick in??
- You poor thing. I can say from experience that having a severe toothache is the worst! I have recently gone through the same kind of thing with my wisdom tooth, and have since had all of them removed. I was given two lots of antibiotics b...
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for toothache??
- depends what kind,if its amoxcillin then a couple days at least,if bactrim or penveek you take 2 at first then should be later that night you should get some relief,someone said chew on cloves works,gargle with mouthwash for a bit can help.
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for a uti? I hav...?
- Depending on how severe the infection and what type of antibiotics you were prescribed, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a week to feel pain relief. There's an over the counter medicine you can get called Cystex (similar to AZO or P...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take antibiotics to kick in??
- Q: i went to the denrist yesturday with bad tooth ache, ive got an infection, my tooth is still coursing me pain now !! how long does it take for antibiotics to start working?? im taking pain killers too
- A: Usually by the third day, Keep up with them till the end of the course even if u feel better.
- How long does it usually take antibiotics to kick in to cure UTI?
- Q: I have been taking keflex for a complete 24hrs. now, and I feel about 90% better. I still have six days of medication to go, but I have had this medicine in my system now for 24 hours and I still do not feel 100% better. Is this normal? Or does it take time for complete recovery? Please help!
- A: You are usually put on the antibiotic for 7-14 days, depending on how bad it is. You will need to finish all of the prescribed medicine. My doctor said to also increase your water intake and drink cranberry juice, unsweetened with it. You should feel better in about 3-5 days, but finish the meds or it will return.
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for a uti? I have bladder pain.?
- Q: have had two days of antibiotic with no relief. Why does the bladder ache during a uti, I cant sleep with this. Im exhausted from trying to fight this uti. Thanks
- A: Depending on how severe the infection and what type of antibiotics you were prescribed, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a week to feel pain relief.There's an over the counter medicine you can get called Cystex (similar to AZO or Pyridum) it contains a pain reliever and an "antiinfective" to help ease the pain a fight the infection. (and unlike AZO or Pyridum, it doesn't discolor your urine)I get very frequent UTI's and have taken Cystex several times, it works wonderfully to relieve the pain and burning. It usually works for me within 30 minutes or an hour.
Prev Question: Can you get rid of herpies
People also view