How long does an endoscopy take
Endoscopy can take from 15-30 minutes. The procedure can take more or less time and varies from person to person. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-an-endoscopy-take ]
More Answers to "How long does an endoscopy take"
- The patient will be in the Operating Room for 20-45 minutes for an upper endoscopy, and 30-120 minutes for a colonoscopy. Many patients have both an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy under the same anesthesia, which takes 40-120 minutes.
- I had an endoscopy last month and the actual proceduare was only about 10 min because it was normal. The only prep is 8 hr fasting before you have it done. Depending on how busy they are at the time will determine how long it takes for them...
- It takes about half an hour for an upper endoscopy, and about one hour for a lower endoscopy.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how long does an endoscopy and biposy take?
- Q: ???they want to check for ulcers.
- A: about 15 to 20 minpreperations takes longer than the actual proceedure,,,,, its nothing to worry about a easy proceedure good luck
- How long does it take to get back on your feet after an endoscopy?
- A: seven to fourteen days plus or minus two.
- how long does an ENDOSCOPY take? and preparation?
- Q: i am having one tomorrow cause i think i have an ulcer, and they run in the familyso how long do i wait? its not that busy there usually, and its only a hospital, nothing professional like UNCtell me as much as you can thats easy to understandthank you
- A: I had an endoscopy last month and the actual proceduare was only about 10 min because it was normal. The only prep is 8 hr fasting before you have it done. Depending on how busy they are at the time will determine how long it takes for them to check you in. Forms to sign, anesthesiologist will talk to you before, an IV started, reviewing your medical history, etc. I was out completely, I've heard others had a local where they were kind of aware but, pain free. This was my 4th one and I've never had problems with the anesthesia, etc. Good Luck.
Prev Question: Is Depo Provera the best birth control
People also view