How long does a MRI take
The length of MRI examinations can vary from 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, averaging 45 minutes. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-a-mri-take ]
More Answers to "How long does a MRI take"
- The scan will take 30 to 90 minutes. Preparation and sedation take an additional 60 minutes. The length of time depends upon the part of the body being scanned.
- A really long time, maybe half an hour, that you can't move you head. It's also real loud, so if you can, bring those little foam ear plugs with you and put them in before hand. Hope it helps!
- A complete scan, depending on the organs studied, sequences performed, and need for contrast enhancement may take up to one hour or more. Newer scanners with more powerful magnets utilizing updated software and advanced sequences may comple...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does an MRI and MRA take?
- Q: I have to have an MRI and MRA done today how long does it take,and whats the difference between the two?
- A: I am assuming that the MRI and the MRA are of the brain. Each procedure will take between 30-45 minutes. Scanning times will vary, depending on the scanning protocol and machine at each facility. For a more accurate time frame, you should call the facility where you are scheduled and ask how long those exams take.A brain MRI shows brain tissue, ventricles, sinuses etc. A brain MRA will only show the Circle of Willis, which is the blood vessels in the brain. From the patient's point of view, there is no noticible difference between the two studies. We use the same machine and you are positioned in the same fashion. The machine's settings are just different.Best wishes......
- How long does it take to get the results from an MRI ?
- Q: I am schedueled for an MRI on Monday...how long does it take to get the results?
- A: I t depends on how busy the Radiologist that reads the study is and how fast that information gets back to the physician that ordered the test and then of course ..how fast he communicates the results to you. I had one done a few years ago and then went into the reading room and looked at it with the Radiologist...so I knew within a few minutes. Sometimes they pick up the phone and call the results to the ordering doctor as soon as they are done reading the study and the patient waits in the waiting room to hear the results. When I order one, I tell the patient while they are still in the ED. Usually you find out in a day or two and sometimes up to a week later. So.......the short answer is the "it depends". Not much help was I. You really need to ask your doctor's nurse. She (or he) will know the exact answer. Just ask.
- how long does an MRI of the hip take?
- Q: how long does it take to get an MRI of the hip? also, when getting an MRI of the hip would i be completely inside the machine?
- A: Well, about 45 minute's, and yes, if you go through a typical MRI they place your entire body in the Machine. I went through an "open" MRI where you lay on a Disc shaped table instead of being place inside a tube. It's much more comfortable but still takes just as long to get done.
Prev Question: How do you help an ingrown toenail
People also view