How do you make a thermometer have a higher temperature
To raise the temperature on a thermometer, put it in hot water or hold it up to a light bulb. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-make-a-thermometer-have-a-higher-temperature ]
More Answers to "How do you make a thermometer have a higher temperature"
- Can ear infection cause ear thermometers to show higher temperatu...?
- Yes, infection causes increased blood-flow, causing increased temperature; this will result in an inaccurate temperature reading if the reading is taken from or around the infected area. To avoid the need for rectal temperature taking: try ...
- How can i adjust the thermometer cause the weather temperature is...?
- You cannot change/adjust it. You can only replace the sensor (it sits in the front bumper and there is a long wire running up to the fuse box at the back of the engine bay). It does not have any affect on any other vehicle systems though. T...
- Which thermometer will show the highest temperature, and why??
- Ask students to share their responses to the Motivator. Make sure the conversation includes that the Sun is out, so it is daytime. During the day the person on the sand thermometer would read the highest temperature. This is because land he...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do i make the thermometer register higher while in my mouth?
- Q: To trick the nurse or my mom into staying home from school, how do i make the thermometer register higher then my actual temperature while being in my mouth? Cough? Breath hard? Lick it? What?
- A: lol that's hilarious kid XDsoak some kind of metal (a coin would work) in hot water and put it in your mouth before your temp. is taken. (it helps if you drink something hot too ;P)
- Q: Is the temperature using rectal thermometer is 2 degrees higher?
- Q: I am trying to understand the differences between a regular thermometer and a rectal one. Does either one show the correct body temperature? If rectal one does and you use a normal thermometer is your real temperature 2 degrees higher than the oral one shows?
- A: No, you don't have to subtract anything from any properly taken temperature. Rectal is very accurate because your anus is not drinking a cold coke right before trying to get a temperature reading. The rectum is very even temperature when your mouth changes all the time. If you don't eat or drink anything for 15 minutes and are inside at room temperature for at least an hour you should get a good oral reading.
- Can ear infection cause ear thermometers to show higher temperature compared to the rectal temperature?
- Q: My kid has a ear infection, when using the Ear thermometer to scan her fever, it shows very high temperature. When doing a rectal scan - the fever is lower? Is the ear infection causing the ear to be hotter than the body temperature? My Ear thermometer is very accurate and I have not yet had any issues with it. Any suggestions on what is causing this? and also should i stop checking her temperature in the ear.
- A: Yes, infection causes increased blood-flow, causing increased temperature; this will result in an inaccurate temperature reading if the reading is taken from or around the infected area.To avoid the need for rectal temperature taking: try a digital thermometer under the arm-pit until it beeps or an oral thermometer.Good luck.
Prev Question: How do you treat a papercut
People also view