How do I get rid of a urinary tract infection without going to the doctor
Only your doctor can treat urinary tract infections. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-urinary-tract-infection-without-going-to-the-doctor ]
More Answers to "How do I get rid of a urinary tract infection without going to the doctor"
- How do you know if you have a urinary tract infection??
- Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms Lower urinary tract infection (cystitis): The lining of the urethra and bladder becomes inflamed and irritated. ･ Dysuria - Pain or burning during urination ･ Frequency - More frequent urination (or waking...
- How to get rid of a urinary infection?
- Drink lots to flush the infection out. Cranberry juice is especially good I've heard. However, if it doesn't clear up you really need to see a doctor or you could end up with kidney problems.
- Can you get urinary tract infections from hot tubs?
- Yes if the tub has not been cleaned.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I NEED to get rid of this urinary tract infection WITHOUT going to the doctors?
- Q: I can feel that I have a urinary tract infection starting because when I urinate it burns a tiny bit, im peeing more than normal and my urine is cloudy. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this thing without medication (cipro, AZO.. etc.)? If you feel like reading it, heres why I don't want a trip to the doctor's.I'm 15 and about 5 months ago I got a horrible UTI. I was given medication, it came back.. I was given more medication, it came back.. I was given stronger medication, It came back.. yet again, I was given even stronger medication and (you guessed it), it came back. Eventually it just went away on its own but the costs to my parents were substantial. I don't want any more antibiodics and I don't want my parents paying for more doctors visits. Please dont tell me to tell them about it, because im not going to. I need to know how to get rid of it without them finding out. I can't buy AZO and i already know to drink water and cranberry juice.I absolutely cannot go to the doctor again. It's far too expensive and I've had so many antibiodicts its weakened my immune system
- A: You can drink cranberry juice and water until you float down the river, but if you truly have a urinary tract infection, the key word there is INFECTION. An infection can only be cured by antibiotics. It sounds as though you got medicine, took it until the symptoms stopped and you felt better, so it came back. You did the same thing again, and it came back. Over and over, until you are most likely immune to the antibiotics that stop these things. And are you sture this is a UTI and not something else? There are a number of veneral diseases that cause UTI's and even make it appear that you have an UTI. If you are sexually active, I would guess that you have something other than a UTI. If you aren't then I'm glad, but you STILL need to see a doctor, regardless.
- anyway to treat a urinary tract infection without having to go to a doctor?
- Q: im pretty sure that i have a UTI, but theres no way i can go to a doctor to treat it. is there anyway, such as more fluids or something to get rid of it? plz and thank you.is there any chance that will go away by itself? with time i mean..
- A: Drink plenty of water, as much as you can. Wear loose underwear preferably cotton, make sure you keep wiping front to back to avoid more bacteria. Also, drinking cranberry juice is supposed to help, as it apparently has something in it that helps to balance out the the levels and ads more acid. Hopefully it should then clear up nautrally in a couple of days. Taking paracetamol should also help relieve the syptoms a bit. But just a warning, this didn't help me, I had to go to the doctors eventually. It's very common and nothing to be embarresed about, they put you on a three day course of antibiotics and it should clear.
- i have either a urinary tract infection, bladder infection, or kidney disease what can i do to help get rid of
- Q: it without going to doctor. i have a little bleeding when i wipe.
- A: Really you should go to the doctor. These infections can lead to loss of a kidney. However, if you are having reoccurring infections you need to make sure to drink plenty of water in the AM especially and then throughout the day. Also, cut out sugar and alcohol as these 'feed' the bacteria (both the good and bad). Drinking a small glass of pure cranberry juice (with no sugar, yes it tastes awful) helps to keep the bladder environment acidic, helping to kill off the bacteria. Finally, you need to encourage the good bacteria to grow and replace the bacteria. You can do this by eating yogurt or other foods with 'live cultures' or get live bacteria pills from a vitamin store. If you get the live bacteria pills make sure they are refrigerated or you'll get sick.
Prev Question: When you take Xanax how do you feel
People also view