How did marijuana get to the US
American production of hemp was encouraged by the government in the 17th century for the production of rope, sails, and clothing. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-did-marijuana-get-to-the-us ]
More Answers to "How did marijuana get to the US"
- How did marijuana get to the US
- American production of hemp was encouraged by the government in the 17th century for the production of rope, sails, and clothing.
- Did US citizens get to vote on the ban of marijuana when it was b...?
- The exact opposite from a vote - propaganda. Cannabis and other drugs were scrutinized after the formation of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN) in 1930, headed by Harry J. Anslinger. Yellow journalism convinced the US to outlaw hemp and...
- Is marijuana ever going to really get passed to be legal in the U...?
- It will only become legal if several factors have been observed... 1) We MUST convince the federal government that marijuana cannabis sativa, and it's brother cannabis indica, are useful in eradicating major problems as far as world issues ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is smoking marijuana a sin? If so, then why did God create it for us to enjoy?
- Q: And don't say he didn't create it for us to enjoy, because why on earth would he create something so magical for us not to enjoy?Also, did satandoit?
- A: Yes. God did NOT create marijuana for the illegal purposes you use it for.And... No... SIN did it, not satan.You must understand that the consequences of "Original Sin" was greater than just bringing death, sex, and kids into the world. It totally shook the FOUNDATIONS of the UNIVERSE! Before sin, there were no flesh-eating animals. Before sin, there was no poison ivy. Before, there were no biting insects... and so on and so on. ALL the bad, evil, nasty things that occur in the universe... illnesses, diseases... were the RESULTS of "Original Sin" entering into the world.To give you the idea "in reverse," when God recreates the heavens and the earth, all of the right and perfect will also be restored to pre-sin days. Read here in Isaiah 65:17-25:"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem for rejoicing And her people for gladness. I will also rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people; And there will no longer be heard in her The voice of weeping and the sound of crying. No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, Or an old man who does not live out his days; For the youth will die at the age of one hundred And the one who does not reach the age of one hundred Will be thought accursed. They will build houses and inhabit them; They will also plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They will not build and another inhabit, They will not plant and another eat; For as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of My people, And My chosen ones will wear out the work of their hands. They will not labor in vain, Or bear children for calamity; For they are the offspring of those blessed by the LORD, And their descendants with them. It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear. The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent's food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain," says the LORD.===See? So, you now can understand that God did NOT create marijuana in it's current "form and effects." So, please, do not blame marijuana on God.MARANATHA! Come, Lord Jesus, COME!
- When was the first US Marijuana Law enacted and what did it say?
- Q: I think it was around 1619 in Virginia
- A: If you're thinking of the 1619 law from Jamestown Colony, Virginia passes law requiring farmers to grow hemp. America's first marijuana law was enacted at Jamestown Colony, Virginia in 1619. It was a law "ordering" all farmers to grow Indian hempseed. However, one of the first state laws outlawing marijuana may have been influenced, not just by Mexicans using the drug, but, oddly enough, because of Mormons using it. Mormons who traveled to Mexico in 1910 came back to Salt Lake City with marijuana. The church's reaction to this may have contributed to the state's marijuana law. Other states quickly followed suit with marijuana prohibition laws, including Wyoming (1915), Texas (1919), Iowa (1923), Nevada (1923), Oregon (1923), Washington (1923), Arkansas (1923), and Nebraska (1927). These laws tended to be specifically targeted against the Mexican-American population.
- If God didn't intend for us to smoke marijuana, why did he make our brains to react to THC?
- Q: Herb is different from cocaine, beer, etc. in that weed is natural. Those harder drugs were manipulated by man, not created by God. And no, I wouldn't smoke poison ivy or hemlock. But would you eat those things? I don't smoke what's bad for me just as we wouldn't eat things that are dangerous.
- A: be careful you don't drop it in your lap.PSA 140:10 Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
Prev Question: How long does it take for vitamin c to evaporate out a glass of orange juice
People also view