Does Zicam really work
Zicam reduces duration of the common cold and reduces severity of cold symptoms. Does work for some people. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-zicam-really-work ]
More Answers to "Does Zicam really work"
- No, zinc gluconate and other similar products sold as lozenges have not been shown to have effects in treating colds or sore throats in controlled studies. Colds are self-limiting adenoviruses, unaffected by minerals like zinc.
- I have never tried Zicam, but I use Airborne on a regular basis. I am convinced it keeps colds, sore throats, etc. at bay. The minute I feel anything that resembles getting ill, I start taking Airborne. It has not failed me. It helps to kee...
- I have an exceptionally good imune system. I only really get sick like 3 times a year at the most. My mom is planning on picking up zicam a little later for me. A friend told me that it works. I had a sore thoat , and a dry cough yesterday,...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does Zicam cold remedy really work to shorten the duration of a cold?
- Q: I feel a cold coming on and can't afford to get sick. I was considering trying Zicam since the commercials say it can shorten the duration of a cold. Has anyone ever tried it and does it really work?
- A: I'm not a doctor, and I don't even play one on t.v., but....I've read about lawsuits claiming that Zicam and similar product could permanently damage your senses of smell and taste. A Yahoo search on "Zicam lawsuit" returns lots of results. Of course, it may help you with no side effects at all. Personally, I won't take the chance.
- Does Zicam really work to get rid of colds?
- Q: I've had a cold for about a month now and I cant seem to get rid of it. Many people tell me to use Zicam, do you think it will help?
- A: Most cold medicines only treat cold symptoms. Zicam is different. It actually shortens the duration and severity of the cold. Don’t let another annoying cold slow you down when you can least afford it – take Zicam Cold Remedy at the first sign and you'll be over your cold faster.it works...get well soon...
- Does Zicam really work when it comes to stopping colds?
- Q: Also, do you prefer the swabs or the spray?
- A: this is a drug. The best way that works for me is saline nose spray. or sinus rinse. you can find this at www.drugstore.com this is non-drug and cleans your sinsu cavaties of any germs and bateria that causes colds. Also use a humidifier in the winter months.
Prev Question: What is the best medicine for a stomach ache
People also view