Does tylenol make your blood thinner
No, acetaminophen (brand name is Tylenol) does NOT cause blood thinning. Thanks for using ChaCha. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-tylenol-make-your-blood-thinner ]
More Answers to "Does tylenol make your blood thinner"
- Is tylenol a blood thinner?
- Tylenol is not a blood thinner, it does not have anything that could effect the body to thin the blood. You still should not take it until you have consulted with a physician to see if you are a candidate for it.
- Does Tylenol thin the blood?
- No, in fact the active ingredient in Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is the only OTC pain killer one can take when on a prescription blood-thinner such as Coumadin. It is true that taken too frequently, Acetaminophen can damage the liver. It is lik...
- Will tylenol thin your blood?
- Tylenol will NOT thin your blood, but Asprin will so if you are already on blood thinners stay away from Asprin as you don't want your blood to be too thin. You might want to talk to a pharmisist concerning this question, as far as I know t...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does Tylenol really thin your blood? And another random question...?
- Q: My friend told me Tylenol thins out your blood? Is this true? If so what are the side effects of having your blood thinned out?My other question is I have my period towards the end of the month and during that time the full moon is usually close. Does the extra energy of the moon almost being full add to the intensity of my hormonal-ness? Just wondering, any thoughts would be appreciated!
- A: Tylenol does not thin your blood, aspirin does. Side effects includes, easily being bruised, a cut will be harder to stop the bleeding, and faster heart rate. Like one person said, Tylenol has a lot of side effects such as liver problems, although all medications have lots of side effects. Aspirin can be found in not just aspirin, but also in Advil, Motrin, Aleve, and the list goes on. People with heart problems are put on a baby aspirin, 81 mg. People with blood clots are put on blood thinners to dissolve the clot. So if you have a little bit of pain like a headache, take a Tylenol, just not for long periods of time. Better off staying away from the Aspirin Types. As for the moon affecting your hormonal levels, especially near your time of the month, not true. Hormone levels are a bodily function. You know there are two types of hormones, the female hormone you are speaking of, and Adrenal Hormones. These are hormones that are made by the Adrenal Glands that are located atop the kidneys. They are the hormones that give you strength like when you are mad or get excited or you need to lift something that is threatening you harm. Why don't you go on a internet site like Medline Plus or Web MD and look up Tylenol and Aspirin and any other medicine you know of, and see for yourself all the side effects. Best to you young lady.
- Does tylenol thin your blood?
- Q: I have a cold and I wanna take Tylenol Cold & Flu. The thing is is that I usually get heavy nosebleeds when my nose is running, will tylenol thin my blood and make myself more likely to get a nosebleed?
- A: No taking Tylenol will not thin your blood. Aspirin will however. Please be careful when taking Tylenol (Acetaminophen) as many other products also have Acetaminophen in them. For adults it is recommended not to take over 4000 mg of acetaminophen a day or liver complications may arise.
- Is Tylenol a blood thinner?
- Q: Ten minutes ago I made a fairly deep cut into my thumb. I have the wound dressed and cleaned but the pain is pretty bad. I took some Tylenol to take the edge off.Does it thin your blood like Bayer will? The last thing that I need is more blood.Thanks. Any tips for dealing with this by the way?
- A: No. I am on Coumadin, which is a blood thinner, and they tell me that Tylenol is the only safe drug to take. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Narcotic pain killers will all thin your blood, but Tylenol will not.Also, if you are concerned about having blood that is too thin, you can increase your vitamin K intake through leafy greens like Spinach, broccoli, kelp. -Claven
Prev Question: Does orange juice help with stomach aches
People also view