Does ibuprofen help for toothaches
Ibuprofen is an excellent anti-inflammatory drug to help you deal with the pain of a tooth ache. Take 400 milligrams 4 times a day for no longer than a few days. If the pain persists, go see your dentist. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-ibuprofen-help-for-toothaches ]
More Answers to "Does ibuprofen help for toothaches"
- Can life's stress cause toothaches? Will motrin help or just reli...?
- I have been there. Biting and grinding teeth when asleep resulted in toothache -- sometime on one side and sometime on the other. The dentist made a bite plate for me for the lower teeth (no need for lower and upper teeth). Yes, stress was ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Which is better for toothache pain Ibuprofen 800mg or Naproxen 500mg?
- Q: I have really bad teeth and I know, I need to see a dentist asap. But until then. Which is better for toothache pain Ibuprofen 800mg or Naproxen 500mg? BTW, I'm 36.
- A: Naproxen should work better for you but don't take it on an empty stomach.
- My wife has taken Ibuprofen for sever toothache and she is 34 weeks pregnant,What to do? does it harm the baby
- A: Tell her not to take it again only tylenol. If she needs something stronger she needs to talk to her OB and a dentist.
- Q: Other than Orajel, and other oral analgesics, and ibuprofen, what else is good for toothaches?
- A: Over the counter medication options are very limited if you have a true toothache. Do you have pain when you are just sitting around or does it wake you up and night?Has it been getting worse?When you remove the stimulus, does the pain go away or does it hang around?If you answered yes to any of those, you definitely need to go see a dentist.If you are just having sensitivity to cold, that may not be a big deal (or it might be).If you have biting sensitivity that has persisted, you should go see your dentist because that likely will not go away by itself.Many people avoid going to the dentist for various reasons, but problems that are avoided, turn into big problems. And may problems that are treated early, are much less expensive to fix than problems that are avoided.Hope that helps.
Prev Question: Can a massage help a pulled muscle
People also view